Senior Back End Engineer at PayIt () (allows remote)
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-05-05 05:01:10
Come work on engineering problems at scale that benefit all of our lives!! PayIt's platform has helped over 80 million US citizens. We make things like paying a parking ticket, getting a driver's license renewed, or paying property taxes quick, mobile, and efficient.
We're coming off of another record year! We're a funded company, in scale-up mode, and our growth is fueling our hiring. We expect to do a lot of hiring this year.
We are currently hiring several Senior Back End Engineers.
Our tech stack is cutting-edge and cloud-native. We use modern languages, leverage functional programming, and build REST-based microservices on top of SQL and NoSQL databases. Our services run in docker containers and are orchestrated by Kubernetes. In fact, we were an early Kubernetes adopted and got a shout-out at the keynote of KubeCon 2020 for our K8's journey.
We work at the intersection of GovTech of FinTech by providing a modern tech experience for the everyday citizen. If you are interested in solving problems around performance, security, modularity, configurability, and/or accessibility while working with large cloud-based data sets, come change the future of Government Technology with PayIt.
Essential Job Functions:
- Participate in architecture and design discussions.
- Develop software for distributed systems with a mindset for performance, encryption, security, scalability, and availability.
- Articulate and communicate design and development processes to technical and non-technical team members
- Own and drive development and delivery of features for our payment processing team.
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring to engineers within the team.
- Provide and receive design and implementation evaluations and improve per iteration.
What You’ll Need for this role:
- Experience leading design and architecture. Comfortable in strongly typed language: (Java, RustLang, C/C++, Scala, GraphQL, etc.) Desire to work on Cloud Native technologies.
- Familiar with the technologies, trade-offs, and design patterns emerging in web services-based technologies.
- Experience with asynchronous programming patterns.
- Experience with relational databases and schema design.
- Interest in innovating within the global payments industry.
- Rigor in automated testing, code quality, and engineering best practices.
Bonus Points For:
- Experience working with containers, orchestration tools, AWS, and asynchronous services within AWS.
- Bonus points for experience with financial, accounting or payments systems.
- Bonus point for experience working with large and complex datasets and/or other distributed data processing systems.
- Passionate about building products and services that will be used by a large number of citizens that will handle a large volume of transactions with increasing complexities.
- Experience working with tokenization, PKI, and public and/or private key exchange.
Why Work For Us:
- Our most important resource is our people. We value your feedback and have a unique environment where collaboration and bottom-up feedback about the problems we are solving is critical to our daily success.
- Saving someone’s day is a rewarding way to spend yours. We tackle complex challenges that are interesting to solve, and directly impact the lives of our neighbors, friends, and ourselves.
- We know how to have fun and work toward something bigger than ourselves.
- Competitive salaries along with an excellent benefits package.
- Flexible and friendly work environment. We believe our culture permeates throughout our product and service, so it’s one of customer-first.
- We’ll provide all the resources you need to do your best work.
What We Care About:
High aptitude, high integrity people who are great communicators and want to be part of a growing team. We’re about openness, integrity, accessibility, and great communication.
The usability of our products, sharing of ideas across teams, and commitment to the cities, counties, and states we serve are values.
NOTE: U.S. Citizens and all those authorized to work for any employer in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to provide sponsorship at this time.