Data Engineer (m/f/d) at Relayr (Katowice, Poland)
Location: Katowice, Poland
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-05-05 05:01:22
Relayr is the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) powerhouse delivering the most complete solution for risk-free digital transformations. We unleash data insights from existing equipment, machines and production lines to improve our customers’ business outcomes.
We provide a unique combination of first-class IIoT technology and its delivery with powerful financial and insurance offerings — all from a single source trusted by hundreds of companies worldwide. With around 300 employees, we are a truly global family with locations in Germany, the USA, Poland, Italy, and the UK. Named twice the hottest start-up in Berlin by WIRED magazine and a winner of The Spark - the German Digital Award, relayr is now part of the Munich Re group.
The Polish division of relayr is responsible for developing software for the IoT enterprise platform with all software designed, implemented, and tested in Katowice. We also provide support for the installation and maintenance of our software for clients across the globe.As a Data Engineer in the Platform team, you will be closely working with our backend engineers on finding solutions for how we store data, build pipelines, and lay the foundation for models that the data science team can work with. We are trying to explore and make use of Azure services (e.g. Data Factory, Event Hub, Stream Analytics) in order to have a solid compatible solution that serves the business needs of our clients. In addition, you will be cooperating with the DevOps team on deploying those implemented solutions and rolling them out across the platform.The team is based in Katowice, and consists of backend and QA engineers who are responsible for the availability, scalability, and maintenance of our cloud platform. You will be working in a cross-functional team comprising of diverse talents and different international backgrounds.
- Supporting the Platform team in developing solutions for data storage and retrieval
- Researching and diving deep into what Microsoft Azure has to offer in terms of data ingestion, streaming, analytics and processing
- Building data pipelines and integrating data from different sources
- Designing and building data service APIs
- Implementing potential findings into workable solutions
- Supporting the team in maintaining and enhancing the Platform Microservices
- Working within the team in an agile and adaptive manner according to the roadmap priorities
- Bachelor or higher degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or similar
- 2+ years experience working as a Data Engineer or similar role
- Advanced knowledge of SQL, NoSQL, data structures, and data modelling
- Practical experience with ETL
- Good knowledge of distributed system design
- Big Data Management and processing tools (e.g. Hadoop ecosystem, Spark, Flink)
- Good knowledge of at least one backend technology (e.g. Scala, Python, or NodeJS is preferable)
Nice to Have:
- Experience in deploying data pipelines
- Hands-on experience with Microsoft Azure services
- Experience in setting up data infrastructure from the ground up
- Flexibility and safety are important to us! As a company we were quick to react when the Corona pandemic began, sending all our employees to work from home. If you start out as a new employee at relayr, you will be working from home, enjoy a structured digital onboarding programme and flexible working hours
- Modern office located in Katowice city centre with a relaxation room, free coffee, snacks, and standing desks
- Get exposed to international colleagues and customers from around the globe. Our working languages are Polish and English!
- An extensive on-boarding period so you can get up to speed with the rest of the team
- A learning environment where you can build upon your skills and interests, share knowledge, and attend events and conferences pertaining to your discipline. We also offer free English classes
- Have some fun with regular get-togethers, including sports events, seasonal parties, international trips and meetings
- Competitive salary
- Benefits package, including private health care, life insurance, and fitness passes
- Optional home office days
- Choose between a Mac, Windows, or a Linux machine
- Hands-on experience with cutting edge technology, space for research and exploration
- We offer the ability to work with the newest tech-stack and the most talented engineers in IoT industry!
At relayr, we are passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. As firm believers in the power of different perspectives, we encourage our employees to share knowledge and exchange bold ideas to help innovation in the IoT industry thrive. We are committed to creating a fair, supportive, and open environment for all.