Full Stack Engineer (f/m/d) at SAP (Walldorf, Germany)
Location: Walldorf, Germany
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-05-06 05:00:15
Requisition ID: 286754Work Area: Software-Design and DevelopmentLocation: Walldorf Expected Travel: 0 - 10%Career Status: ProfessionalEmployment Type: Part time or Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
SAP Design is made up of multi-disciplinary teams of UX Designers, Researchers, Writers, Content Strategists, Program Managers, and Engineers: we care deeply about the people who use our products. The SAP Design team plays an integral part in gathering insights about the attitudes, emotions, and behaviors of people who use our products to inspire and inform design. We collaborate closely with each other and with engineering and product management to create industry-leading products that deliver value for the people who use them, and for SAP’s businesses.
SAP Design is looking for a Full-Stack Engineer with a demonstrated track record of developing and maintaining production services, innovative thinking, and technical excellence. This role will be a mixture of technical design, individual contribution, and thorough testing. You know both frontend and backend technology and can deliver fully functional web applications and prototypes. In this role, you will significantly contribute to elevate SAP's product experience by leveraging state-of-the-art technology.
- You possess deep knowledge in software development, including full stack design and implementation, You have extensive experience designing and implementing effective automation and integration tests
- You are passionate about well-designed solutions that efficiently automate business processes You enjoy simplifying complex systems and don't shy away from refactoring large codebases. You wish to tackle hard product and engineering challenges while following and championing software engineering best practices
- You have a keen ability to understand business requirements and design and build the products, tools and processes that will support the current and future needs of our business
- You have the experience and desire to interview and evaluate applicants on a technical level
- First and foremost, you have an eye for detail, the habit to ask (generally) good questions, the ability to figure things out, the tenacity to go all the way
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- You have hands-on experience with Java, Scala or other JVM-based languages and solid scripting skills (shell, PHP and/or Python)
- You have hands-on experience designing service architecture, and building and operating APIs
- Deep understanding and hands on experience of system landscapes, deployment constraints and development operations
- Understanding of ABAP S/4HANA and Business Technology Platform - Cloud based platform contexts
- 5+ years in Generalist / Full Stack (enterprise) software development B.S. or higher in Computer Science (or equivalent work experience)
- 2+ years of experience in project management
- Skills in SAP Gardener, Kyma and latest Cloud technology evolutions are a plus
- Ability to effectively manage time, prioritize tasks and work within deadlines with little supervision
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own.
A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If youre searching for a company thats dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment apply now.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENTTo harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: [email protected] or [email protected], APJ: [email protected], EMEA: [email protected]).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.