Java Software Engineer - Microservices (Toronto) at Gamesys Group (Toronto, ON, Canada)
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-05-06 05:00:22
Gamesys Group is one of the world’s leading gaming operators, with millions of players and 1500+ employees. We believe passionately in what we do. Quite simply, we craft entertainment with care, building trusted brands and creating great experiences that always put the player first.
Our award-winning ventures – including Virgin, Jackpotjoy, Monopoly, Heart and Vera&John – are some of the best known in the industry. Join us and you’ll be joining a big, international group with some great brands and an exciting future. You’ll feel part of one global family, working with smart people, and delivering a great experience for our players. There’s one thing we expect from you, over and above everything else. Be yourself. One of the values in our DNA is ‘stay wonderfully weird’ – and that applies to all of us.
Gamesysplans to expand into new markets across North America.Wearebuilding a newtechnologyteamin Toronto toacceleratethe development ofGamesys’sinternal Excitegaming platform, whichwilldriveourgrowthacross the USA and Canada.
We are building 3 agiledevelopmentteams focusing on our Front End web experience, payments and game wallet, and our member administration/responsible gaming tools.
You will be responsible for delivering featuresfortheNorth American marketsandcollaborating with other functions/product areasacross the company – including Architecture, UX Design, ProductandGames tohelp deliver world class gaming products onweb and mobile.
We care deeply aboutcustomer experience, high quality software engineering principles,and meeting challenging delivery goals.
Who We Are
We are the Member Area of the Excite Platform at Gamesys - we deliver key features for our award-winning gaming websites that help us acquire and verify players and ensure that they play responsibly.
We are a product-focused scrum team and have a dedicated product owner and technical architect.
We use Test Driven Development and pairing. We value high quality code and expect everyone to take responsibility for the quality of the team’s product.
We’re always open to new ideas and we love to learn new things. You will be encouraged to learn new skills both within and outside of your role.
Gamesys offers internal technical training on subjects including Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible, Git, TDD, DDD, Microservices, SOLID patterns and many others. We also run soft skills training courses on topics like negotiation, presenting, influencing and effective meetings, among others. We also have access to LinkedIn learning and O'Reilly learning as well as providing funding for conference attendance.
- Design, build and ship software from inception to production, using a mix of Java (8/11), Spring Boot, Ansible, Docker and Active MQ.
- Contribute to our Agile/Scrum journey, working closely with your cross-functional team & driving an incremental approach
- Solve challenging technical problems within distributed environments.
- Actively participate in design and code reviews
- Mentor & coach fellow engineers, championing development best practices
- Lots of great people to learn from, both within and beyond your team
- Be able to pick up additional tasks outside of the core specialism in order to meet team commitments.
- A great knowledge of Java – we have Java 8 as standard but are looking to move to Java 11 shortly.
- Spring Boot and Microservices development experience
- Experience of working with a RESTful architecture and API design
- Experience of working in an Agile environment, ideally within a SCRUM team
- A belief in working to TDD/BDD
- DevOps experience is a major plus
- Docker, Kubernetes or Ansible experience
- Message queue systems such as ActiveMQ
We believe this process works both ways, so what can we do for you?
We offer some of the most competitive benefits in the market including continued personal growth, career development plans and performance bonus. We also believe in providing an environment where employees can flourish – you’ll be working in a very modern work environment – and we will make sure you will also have enough time to unwind with our monthly massaged, office events and team-building activities.
This is Gamesys Group and we’re here to make gaming everything it should be. You’ll have fun making fun every day, and that’s a promise.