Software Engineer, Data Systems at Amobee, Inc (Redwood City, CA)
Location: Redwood City, CA
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-05-06 05:00:28
The Software Engineer position in Amobee's Platform Data team is a hands-on role that contributes to Amobee's success through expertise in large-scale systems and advanced database architecture. You will leverage the Hadoop ecosystem to create the next generation of our analytics product. Qualified individuals will have a solid background in the fundamentals of computer science, distributed computing and large-scale data processing.
- Build BigData systems work on improving and adding new functionality to Amobees Data Systems backbone.
- Design and implement features evolving our online advertising and data management product offerings.
- Design, implement our proprietary cutting edge Hadoop/Spark based systems
- Scale up and tune our ad serving pipeline. Challenges come in the form of concurrency, data scale, and computational efficiency
- Large-scale data ingestion and integration design, implement scalable ETL processes to collect and store large amount of data from multiple data centers and diverse external partners
- Predictive analytics design, implement our analytics platform for our customers to discover potential new consumers
- Real-time query engine design, implement our state-of-the-art in-memory query engine to bring quick insights to customers
- Collaboration on requirements Work with the Engineering, Product Management and Business Intelligence teams to come up with features that would help us and our clients be more productive and improve the bottom line
- Keep it running Help troubleshoot application operational issues
- A degree in Computer Science is preferred
- Must be hard working, team oriented, bright, creative, cooperative, and an exceptional problem solver
- Experience with Linux
- Experience with Java or Scala preferred
- Experience with Hadoop (MapReduce, Spark), or similar, large-scale data processing systems is preferred
- Proficiency in relational and NoSQL databases is preferred
- Some experience with distributed systems, advanced applications building, large-scale data processing or application partitioning
- Experience with AWS and working knowledge of AWS data management, DevOps processes and technologies (Jenkins/Travis, Docker, Kubernetes, monitoring systems, etc) is a plus
- 0-3+ years of relevant experience (appropriate PhD program project work acceptable)
- Strong knowledge of common algorithm
- Good understanding of Object Oriented programming and design patterns and data structures
- Solid understanding and working knowledge of modern operating systems and/or application scalability techniques is a plus
The worlds leading independent advertising platform, Amobee unifies all advertising channelsincluding TV, programmatic and socialacross all formats and devices. We provide marketers with streamlined, advanced media planning capabilities powered by in-depth analytics and proprietary audience data. Our platform and technology, provides the most advanced advertising solutions for the convergence of digital and advanced TV including linear TV, over the top, connected TV, and premium digital video. Enabling advertisers to plan and activate across more than 150 integrated partners, including Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat and Twitter.
Amobee has been named to Fortunes Top 10 Best Workplaces in Advertising and Marketing. Amobees platforms have been widely recognized amongst our industry winning numerous awards in technology innovation, see all Amobee Awards. We are a wholly owned subsidiary of Singtel, one of the largest telco companies in the world, reaching over 700 million mobile subscribers in 21 countries. Amobee operates across North America, Europe, Middle East, Asia and Australia. For more information, visit amobee.com or follow @amobee
In addition to our great environment, we offer a competitive base salary, employee development programs and other comprehensive benefits. Please send a cover letter along with your resume when applying to the position of interest located at Amobee.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls and no recruiting agencies, please.