Technical Writer at Magnolia International Ltd. (Basel, Switzerland) (allows remote)
Location: Basel, Switzerland
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-05-06 05:00:30
With a best-in-class Digital Experience Platform (DXP), unrivaled integrations, and modern technology in the cloud - Magnolia is uniquely positioned in this market to enable enterprises to fully bring their customer-centric vision to life.
At Magnolia, we believe great content drives all successful communication efforts.
This is why we’re looking for an experienced Technical Writer with a passion for both writing and technology. Our business approach is open and uncomplicated. Help us write documentation that reflects this idea. You know how important it is to understand your subject well and explain it accurately in a clear and interesting way. You can write text that instructs, explains, and educates. You’ll be working in a small team of technical writers and will be expected to collaborate closely with developers to plan and write technical content for the next generation of easy-to-use, web-based content management software.
- Plan, create, update and maintain Magnolia documentation.
- Work efficiently and communicate proactively with product managers, software developers, usability engineers, and other technical writers.
- Encourage contributions from developers and other non-writers and review and test their content.
- Participate in scrum meetings and demos to get an in-depth understanding of documentation requirements.
- Use Magnolia to test things out while writing technical content.
- Follow documentation guidelines and standards and work with the other writers to improve our tools and processes.
- Interact with the Magnolia community online by answering questions and giving clear and useful advice.
What We Are Looking For
- At least 5 years experience writing software documentation for a technical audience.
- Native-level English or equivalent.
- Degree in English, technical writing, computer science, or a related technical field or equivalent experience.
- Experience with agile development methodologies.
- Know-how of Jira and Git.
- Experience writing technical content using a markup language.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
Bonus Points For Any Of The Following
- Working knowledge of Maven and an IDE.
- Experience documenting APIs.
- Experience documenting cloud-based products.
How We Work
When you join Magnolia, you’ll get exposure to the Java and open-source communities as well as the opportunity to work in a fun international environment where your writing skills can make a real difference. The founders have established a healthy, diverse and multicultural environment based on friendliness, respect, and a responsible work-life balance. We enjoy each other's company. We’re passionate about what we create. Design and craft matter to us – whether it be in the graphics, the user experience, or the code.