Location: Manchester, UK
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-05-06 05:00:36
Company: AWAZE (Cottages.com | Hoseasons | Novasol)
Location: Manchester (3 days office, 2 days remote)
Welcome to AWAZE
To deliver on our promise of “everyday amazing holidays”, we’re investing heavily in new tech to UNIFY our brands, TRANSFORM the experience of our Guests & Owners and CREATE something special for the vacation rentals market.
Home to some of the continent’s most trusted travel brands, including Cottages.com, Hoseasons, Landal GreenParks and Novasol, our bookings were up 1000% year on year in February, and it’s safe to say that everybody has definitely had enough of staying at home and can’t wait to get away for a family staycation .
We've hired some great people since October (50+) and we're continuing to move full steam ahead with our growth plans for 2021 with key hires to be made within our engineering teams for what is promising to be an amazing year ahead!
Do you fancy joining us on our journey?
An intro to our Guest Experience team from John, Engineering Manager:
“The Guest Experience team is responsible for building a new customer facing journey for all of the awaze brands.
We’re building a brand agnostic, themeable platform using modern front end technologies and as we embark on this super exciting journey, you’ll be joining a growing autonomous team, with the freedom to decide the most efficient way to work together and get the job done.
We’re looking for someone with an interest in building a micro front end application architecture and an open-minded approach to new technologies, who can provide mentorship to junior members and communicate technical concepts to people from non-technical backgrounds.”
What you’ll be doing:
This is an opportunity for you to be involved in building cutting edge solutions and supporting a culture of engineering excellence, working on entirely greenfield projects.
- Work as part of a highly collaborative team (split over Manchester, Lowestoft & Copenhagen) responsible for building our innovative Guest Experience products.
- Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services-from inception and design, through deployment, operation and refinement.
- Building reusable components and libraries for our design system to use across our websites.
- Translating designs and wireframes into high quality, performant and accessible code.
- Contribute to driving best engineering practices including CI/CD, TDD, cloud architectures and pair/mob programming.
- Mentor and coach Junior Engineers to aid career progression and personal development
- Be an active member of the developer and wider tech community within Awaze.
Who are you?
You’re someone who relishes tackling and solving tough problems, and have the mindset to allow each solution to drive the technology choice, not the other way around.
Sound like you? You’ll also have:
- Experience building full stack applications, using modern React, Node and cloud based architectures.
- Experience with user interface design and an appreciation and consideration for the user experience.
- Experience with AWS or similar cloud providers, or serverless technologies e.g. AWS Lambda, Kinesis, DynamoDB, API Gateway.
- Experience working with Agile, Lean and Continuous Delivery approaches, such as Continuous Integration, TDD, Infrastructure as Code etc.
- Experience in communicating ideas and decisions to a variety of team members
What we will give you
Not only will you be joining a brand new international team, you’ll also have the freedom to inform the best way of working to get the job done and play a key role in helping us shape the culture of our new, City Centre office.
We also provide:
- Competitive salary plus bonus
- 18% Discount (Awaze holidays)
- Post covid Flexible working (3 days office | 2 days WFH)
- Matched pension scheme
- Life assurance
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Beer on tap. Dunkin Donuts (provided by our partners). And the usual Coffee/Tea.
If you're interested in transforming the industry and reinventing how our technology powers everyday amazing holidays, get in touch asap and let's chat.