Senior UX Engineer Computational Design (f/m/d) at SAP (Walldorf, Germany)
Location: Walldorf, Germany
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-05-06 05:00:45
Requisition ID: 286750Work Area: Software-Design and DevelopmentLocation: Walldorf Expected Travel: 0 - 10%Career Status: ProfessionalEmployment Type: Part time or Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES SAP Design is made up of multi-disciplinary teams of UX Designers, Researchers, Writers, Content Strategists, Program Managers, and Engineers: we care deeply about the people who use our products. The UX team plays an integral part in gathering insights about the attitudes, emotions, and behaviors of people who use our products to inspire and inform design. We collaborate closely with each other and with engineering and product management to create industry-leading products that deliver value for the people who use them, and for SAP’s businesses.We are looking for a Senior UX Engineer Computational Design (f/m/d) for the central SAP Design organization who traverses disciplines and is passionate for design to drive creative technology usage and computational design. In this role, you will significantly contribute to elevate SAP's product experience by bringing design concepts to life. You’ll demonstrate your creativity, analytical skills, and knowledge of user facing technologies to create prototypes that identify the best product experiences, launch innovative features, build tools that accelerate UX teams, bridge between design and engineering discussions, and enable efficient, high quality execution. You will ensure that our strategic projects leverage latest technologies and create compelling product experiences.
- Explore product concepts to find promising directions that address both human and business needs.
- Strong computer science background to choose the right algorithms, systems approaches and patterns to solve problems
- Strong ability to write production code quickly
- Experience using Git repositories for management of coding projects
- Experience with advanced vector-based graphic and image manipulation software (e. g. Figma, Illustrator) is a plus
- Excellent communication, presentation and documentation skills, including being able to clearly articulate advanced computational concepts in an easily understandable manner
- Advise front-end engineers on UI implementation best practices.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Human Computer Interaction, Design, or equivalent practical experience.
- 7+ years of experience in UI development and prototyping in various platforms (e.g., web or Android).
- Experience in a Technical, UX, Design or related setting.
- 7+ years of experience in development or prototyping.
- 5+ years in a technical leadership role with or without direct reports.
- Experience launching innovative features, building internal tools that accelerate UX teams and bridge between design and engineering discussions.
- A portfolio of work demonstrating effective design processes and interaction and visual design skills.
- Effective leadership, communication, project management, and organizational skills.
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own.
A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If youre searching for a company thats dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment apply now.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENTTo harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: [email protected] or [email protected], APJ: [email protected], EMEA: [email protected]).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.