Senior .NET Developer/Architect at Travelzap () (allows remote)
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-05-06 05:00:50
We are looking for a Senior .NET Developer/Architect to join our Platforms & Engineering team. We are in the process of creating a new platform that will transform the way our company operates. This is an opportunity to join a team that will be making a seismic impact on not only our company but the way consumers search, book, and manage their group travel. As part of our Platforms and Engineering team, you will help build this new technology from the ground up. Reporting directly to the Platforms & Engineering Leader you will analyze requirements and collaborate with the development team to design scalable, secure, and robust software.
You will focus on three core things:
- Lead design and development of software solutions that address business needs.
- Provide leadership to the development team. Improve coding standards and adoption of patterns and principles used by the team.
- Serve as a strong hands-on developer as well as a mentor. This is a player/coach role that will address the existing needs of the business and the Platforms & Engineering team while always keeping an eye on the future.
- Be a leader. Have the ability to be a player/coach.
- You code, test, and deploy solutions of premium quality that solve the business needs and simultaneously advance the architecture of the entire system.
- Mentor developers across multiple experience levels, teams, and functional areas on best practices in coding and team process. You don’t just talk the talk, you walk the walk.
- Curate department coding standards and lead peer code reviews.
- Don’t be afraid to ask questions. We move fast and need everyone on the same page. If something isn’t clear, let’s make it clear. You can learn from the team, identify the challenges they face, and propose technical and process solutions that alleviate those challenges
- Must be able to lead technical discussions when needed.
- You stay current on modern technologies and innovations which can further enhance and improve our solutions.
- Define, document, and implement non-functional requirements, including performance, security, and standards compliance
- Architect complex application workflows across multiple services, 3rd party APIs, and data stores
- Develop and test WebAPI and WCF services that provide business logic, access a variety of data storage technologies, and interact through, REST, and SOAP patterns.
- Write unit tests and functional tests that cover all of your code
- Author SQL Server database schemas and stored procedures
- Write and groom technical stories to define, estimate, and track the team's work
- Measure, find, and fix performance and security issues
- Advocate for the right tools for the task at hand
- Demonstrate and evangelize best practices for coding and team processes
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
- 8+ years of professional development experience.
- 5+ years of leading a development team.
- 5+ years of experience designing cloud microservices architectures.
- 5+ years experience .Net Core / MVC / React JS
- Microsoft Technology Stack
- Visual Studio / C# .NET
- AWS Elastic Beanstalk, Codepipeline, RDS SQL
- MS SQL relational database design and querying.
- 3+ years REST API development experience.
- Mastery of coding best practices and standards, including object-oriented design, code refactoring, debugging, and code documentation.
- Knowledge of Software Design Patterns
- Ability to troubleshoot and fix bugs and issues
- Ability to recognize issues in legacy software and create plans for improvement.
- Ability to work on multiple projects in a fast-paced work environment.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work on a close-knit team.
- Integrate data and workflows that span multiple business processes and 3rd party tools.
- Ability to estimate project tasks and to deliver upon committed dates.
- Ability to set and manage own priorities effectively in a dynamic organization.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment.
- In lieu of a Bachelor's degree, an applicable amount of relevant work experience will be considered.
- Experience working with offshore team members.
- Experience with GIT, Jira, Slack, Umbraco CMS
Job Type: Full-timePay: $70,000.00 - $100,000.00 per year