(Senior) Data Engineer at Go1 (Brisbane, Australia)
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-05-06 05:00:53
GO1 is on a mission to unlock positive potential through a love of learning. The GO1 platform makes learning easy with thousands of courses in one simple solution. Since our founding in 2015, we have grown to an organization of 200+ in 9 global offices. At GO1, we go to infinity and beyond through excellent work, prioritising actions over words and encouraging creativity and candour. It is with this spirit that we are driving hypergrowth and international expansion.
We are currently looking for an experienced Senior Data Engineer who will be be responsible for technical delivery within the Go1 data platform technical domain. Working closely with business & product teams and our technical architects, you will be setting data platform development best practice aligned to the architecture design. You will be instrumental in delivering our data driven organisation future.
You will be a champion for good development practice and will demonstrate this through practical work, constructive feedback and close collaboration. You will be a critical thinker who is able to rapidly problem solve. You bring you practical experience to this domain, land running from day one. You have a talent for getting the balance and fidelity of documentation and practical knowledge transfer, just right.
Your main responsibilities
- Build Data pipelines to Acquire, Store, Transform & Surface enterprise data.
- Develop Batch process framework and deliver use case pipelines.
- Deploy change data capture for MySQL, landing data to Azure Data Lake 2.
- Develop transformation pipelines suppling analytics data to Azure Analysis Services.
- Develop PowerBI Apps/Dashboards/Reports.
This is a permanent full time position with a salary of c$90k to $150k depending on the level of experience and seniority.
We have many benefits to working with Go1. Some of these include access to ongoing learning and development, the ability to work from anywhere as well as the technology to do it! We also have the following:
- Company bonus incentives
- Flexible work environment - work from home of office
- Additional 10 weeks paid parental leave (in addition to government incentives)
- Great culture including free lunch Fridays, wellness programs including yoga and running clubs
- Global organisation with significant growth plans