Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-05-06 05:00:57
Please apply by sending a covering letter and your CV to [email protected] preferably with a link to a public GitHub repository showing examples of your coding style. Interviews will be conducted on an ongoing basis.
By sending in your application you are consenting for your CV and code to be shared with our team members who are employed by our strategic partner who work collaboratively with us on this endeavour.
The role: The individual will:
- help develop innovative quantitative fundamental, or quantamental, trading strategies based on the firm’s proprietary quantamental system built in partnership with a global financial institution.
- learn the requirements of modern portfolio management, participate in the development of high-level architecture of the quantamental system, and develop and implement lower-level technical solutions.
Qualifications and values:
The key technical requirements are:
- strong programming skills in Python, especially package development
- ideally an academic background or at least an interest in statistics and econometrics
- an interest in economics and finance, particularly trading strategy development The candidate’s core values must include a good work ethic with a strong sense of responsibility and integrity, being comfortable with working in a small project team, and an enjoyment of solving technical problems.
The role is particularly suited for those who:
- are conscientious and dedicated to quality in programming and analysis,
- like finding innovative solutions to difficult problems, and
- wish to expand their know-how and their standing in the financial industry.
The individual will be based in Macrosynergy’s offices in central London. A combination of working in the office and working at home can be considered.
We are open to candidates coming straight from university/academia and/or those that have worked for a few years in the private sector, particularly in the financial services/asset management industry or government sector.