Senior Database Administrator at IRL () (allows remote)
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-05-07 05:00:10
Imagine being part of a nimble team where your ideas and input have the potential to impact millions of lives. IRL aims to make an impact on collective loneliness by bringing people together in real/remote life. Our goal is to help our users engage more with friends in-person to boost their overall happiness, encourage curiosity and make the task of organizing hang outs a breeze.
Our team is focused on building an event social network. We're looking for self-motivated engineers who have a passion for building high-quality consumer-facing applications.
While we still ultimately retain our goal of facilitating people spending more time together in person, due to COVID-19 we have shifted our focus to online events and successfully raised a Series B round (https://techcrunch.com/2020/09...) and are currently in the midst of raising a considerably sized series C (https://www.theinformation.com...)
- Ability to architect scalable cloud solutions with AWS.
- Understanding of AWS RDS MYSQL configuration, monitoring, tuning, pricing options, and cost optimization.
- Monitor and optimize operational concerns, automation, and query performance.
- Plan and implement a High Availability and Disaster Recovery (HADR) environment.
- Experience with large data sets, high insertion/transaction volume in mission critical environments.
- Plan, implement, and educate the team on various data persistence services.
- Willingness to educate teams on MYSQL querying best practices
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work remotely and communicate asynchronously
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or the equivalent hands-on experience
- Experience with gathering and documenting technical requirements and specifications
- Caching technologies like Redis & Memcached
- Experiencing reviewing technical specifications and architectural plans with the ability to make trade-offs and compromise to meet business objectives and product goals
- Basic knowledge of Laravel and PHP
- Basic experience in building RESTful APIs
- Flexible working hours
- Work from anywhere in the world
- Competitive healthcare benefits package
- Stipends for work related materials (desk, co-working office, ect.)
- Annual all expense paid work retreats (i.e. Hawaii)
- Unlimited Vacation, Annual Travel Stipend, and 10 Paid Holidays
Get Together Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status.