(Senior) Windows Sensor Developer at F-Secure (Helsinki, Finland)
Location: Helsinki, Finland
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-05-07 05:00:23
F-Secure delivers research-led cyber security to defend organizations, society and people from real-world attacks and build resilience into their approach. Our people are a mix of technical and creative experts – diverse, talented, and passionate people – working tirelessly to help us advance the industry with new ways of thinking. They lead their own development, in and out of the office. They call the shots when it comes to building a place to call home in our organization.
If you want to develop high-performance, low-level code for Windows and are motivated by protecting customers against cyber breaches, then this role is for you! We, in Detection and Response R&D (DRRD) unit, are looking for a Windows Sensor Developer. Our unit builds technologies for detection and continuous response against the most advanced cyber-attacks out there. The technologies we build are sold to different market segments in different forms -- either as pure-play software or as managed services.
Endpoint detection and response technologies generally work by collecting data from the endpoint and finding anomalies and attacks in that data. This requires our endpoint sensor to interact with the OS on a low-level and to collect high-volumes of data while not consuming much resources or slowing down computing. We utilize machine learning both on the endpoint and in the cloud and the sensor plays a key part in both. Your role as a sensor developer is to, together with a seasoned team of other developers, figure out how necessary data can be collected and how this collection can be done in a robust and well performing way.
- Participate in Windows sensor development (optionally also in Linux and MacOS development)
- Write well-structured, reliable, efficient and easily maintainable code
- Unit-testing code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Debug code
- Optimize new and existing code for high performance, low memory foot print while minimising the overall system impact
- Work independently and collaboratively with other software engineers across team boundaries
What are we looking for?
- +3 years of experience on software development for Windows OS
- Strong C++ experience
- Jenkins, CI, Python, scripting
- Teamwork skills and can-do attitude
- Ability to communicate in English fluently
- Interest and knowledge in data science and machine learning
- Interest in cyber security and threats against Windows OS
What will you get from us
- A chance to make a true impact in building the tools for defending against cyber-attacks
- And of course, we offer a great working atmosphere, competitive salary and benefits including extensive health care, remote working, company supported sport activities and many more things to keep our best asset – people – happy!