Mobile Application Developer (IOS/Android) at Risk Focus (Chicago, IL)
Location: Chicago, IL
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-05-07 05:01:09
Are you looking to join a dynamic company that will keep you challenged with new technologies and responsibilities, develop your skills and career, and provide you with the stability of a profitable 15-year-old company with a proven track record of success?
Risk Focus is a NYC-based company that provides strategic IT consulting to global enterprises. Our DevOps and Infrastructure practice provides solutions, methodologies, and strategic guidance for digital transformation, containerization, and automation. Our Financial Services team offers strong domain expertise and technology acumen to deliver feature-focused solutions in Capital Markets.
We are problem-solvers, architects, strategists, implementors, and lifelong learners. We collaborate with each other and with our clients to help them meet their short- and long-term technology goals. Our culture is open, transparent, challenging, and fun.
We hire smart, self-starters who thrive in an open-ended environment to figure out what needs to be done and take ownership in delivering quality results.
As a mobile application developer, you will:
- Engineer solutions to support user workflows and interactions via the UI for a cutting-edge mobile banking application.
- Participate in the planning of these solution via daily scrums, sprint planning, story point estimation, refinement/grooming sessions, and retrospectives according to agile delivery best practices.
- Develop high-quality, extensible, and fault-tolerant code according to Swift and Kotlin best practices to implement the engineering choices above.
- Develop maintainable and readable code that exhibits clear engineering intent with an awareness of cross-platform demands, the challenge of device fragmentation, and a constant focus on accessibility.
- Write both unit tests and functional tests in the context of various integration and e2e harnesses.
- Use git and git workflows for source control management and quality control.
- Review the code of your colleagues and have your code reviewed.
- Translate the high-fidelity work of designers and product owners into pixel perfect software implementation.
- Deep experience engineering and implementing native mobile applications.
- Proven work experience as either an:
- iOS developer using Swift, Objective C, Xcode Language tool sets, minimum 2 years (3+ years preferred)
- Android developer using Java or Kotlin, minimum 2 years (3+ years preferred)
- An understanding of iOS/Android design patterns, memory management, and multi-threading.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience architecting, designing, maintaining and developing enterprise applications.
- Strong experience with all Agile/Scrum Sprint ceremonies, including sprint planning, sprint refinement, daily scrum meetings, and retrospectives
- Experience using Git and Git workflows for source control management.
- Experience writing unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and reliability.
- Attention to quality and a constant focus on what it means to ship high-quality code.
- 5+ years of software development experience.
- Deep experience with Kotlin and Swift.
- Extensive experience with mobile banking applications.
- Strong knowledge of accessibility standards and how to design for ADA Compliant applications.
- Understand the performance limitations of battery life, CPU and memory availability to implement robust and efficient solutions.
- Ability to translate designs and wireframes into high-quality code.
- Flexible work environment with a globally distributed team
- Competitive compensation packages including performance bonuses
- Paid vacation and sick time off
- 401k plan with company match
- Employer-subsidized medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Company-paid short- and long-term disability insurance
- A culture of cooperation and support
- Continual professional and personal development through employer-paid training and certifications