DevOps Engineer at Mercatalyst, Inc () (allows remote)
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-05-07 05:01:22
Mercatalyst (creators of meh.com, morningsave.com, sidedeal.com, mediocritee.com, casemates.com, and future projects) is looking for extraordinary DevOps Engineers to build the automation and processes needed to deploy our ecommerce applications several times a day and keep them up and running smoothly.
Maybe you’re a developer who is interested in continuous deployment and network operations. Or, maybe you’re a sysadmin who has a passion for scripting and coding. Either way, you’ve pushed beyond your defined role and have a big-picture understanding of technical environments.
You can expect to be setting up testing environments in the cloud and running code through its paces before it’s deployed to production. You’ll be expected to push the company to a faster test and deployment rhythm. You’ll also be working with our software engineering team and operations team early and regularly to plan and design testing, staging, and production environments as new products and services are being developed.
- Experience with cloud computing environments (Amazon Web Services or Microsoft Azure or Rackspace or Google Cloud Platform or similar)
- Experience managing microservices architectures on Kubernetes
- Experience monitoring health of systems, performing various system maintenance tasks (your hands get dirty here), and handling on-call duties gracefully
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment tools (GitHub Actions or Travis CI or Jenkins or TeamCity or Circle CI or similar)
- Experience in deploying and supporting various types of database systems (MongoDB or PostgreSQL or Redis or InfluxDB or similar)
- Experience with aspects of network security, application security, security protocols, cryptography, etc.
- Experience with APM solutions is a plus (Elasticsearch APM or NewRelic or similar)
This position is only available to those interested in direct staff employment opportunities. Please note, 1099 or corp-2-corp contractors or the equivalent will NOT be considered. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.