Senior Software Engineer (Remote) at Income Discovery () (allows remote)
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-05-08 05:00:23
Remote Senior Software Engineer at Income Discovery
Join our innovative, flexible, and agile development team! We use Java, NodeJS, GitHub, practice code reviews, and solve problems together. Our services run in the AWS cloud, their deployment is automated, and we follow the infrastructure-as-code process.
This is a critical role that we are looking to fill quickly, apply today!
What You Will Do:
As a Senior Software Engineer at Income Discovery, you will use your honed software development skills to improve the operational and security aspects of our services. You will also:
- Define, design, build and support secure, highly available infrastructure services.
- Create automated processes around building, testing, deploying, monitoring, and incident response.
- Take responsibility for securing, monitoring, and defending our AWS-based systems. Develop, test, and implement the security features of our services and infrastructure. Help define and enforce cyber-security policies.
- Assist with annual customer-driven cyber-security assessments and certification efforts.
- Improve visibility into the behaviors of services (i.e. instrumentation, logging, analysis/reporting)
- Keep our dependencies and tooling up to date
- As a member of the development team, contribute to our software development efforts
- We are looking for a dynamic individual with 7 to 15 years of experience who has a passion for building systems that reduce toil, improve the reliability and correctness of our services, improve security, and provide infrastructure that enables rapid application development and scaling.
- An excellent understanding of systems architecture, Java/JVM platform, public cloud services, Linux, IP networking, HTTP, TLS, automated deployment/configuration, and computer science basics is required.
- Specific knowledge of AWS, Terraform, Bash, NodeJS, Document oriented databases, and Go are a plus but not mandatory.
- We treat all employees with respect and provide ample autonomy. Therefore, it’s important you are productive with minimal supervision, know when to ask for help, communicate effectively both verbally and through writing, and are comfortable with video conferences.
- You will report directly to our Chief Software Architect and work closely with the rest of the development team to ensure the team can continue to rapidly iterate on new application features while our user population grows. Your work will be critical to meeting Income Discovery’s growth and profitability targets and will ensure our customers experience a consistently fast and reliable service.
Perks & Benefits:
- Income Discovery employees work exclusively remotely, however, you will be expected to be available and working during East Coast business hours (EST). Employees have a choice of working from home or from a professional office (leased by the Company) near your home.
- In addition to a competitive base salary, all full-time employees are eligible to participate in the Company’s benefit program, offering excellent and affordable health care coverage options (medical, dental, & vision), voluntary insurances, and an FSA.
- Additional perks/benefits include, but not limited to, a 401(k) with a Company match, the potential for incentive equity options, and 15 days of paid time off (prorated in your first year) with additional time granted each year. There is a very limited waiting period with benefits taking effect on the first of the month after your start date.
About the Company:
Income Discovery is a rapidly growing B2B FinTech leader specializing in retirement income optimization, delivering a Full & Rich Retirement to 74 million baby boomers holding $24 trillion in savings.
Our powerful AI engine, AIDA, is a proven scalable enterprise technology platform that augments wealth management technology with retirement decumulation capabilities. AIDA generates a personalized optimal strategy to boost a client’s annual safe retirement income by as much as 30%.
- Drives product conversion and asset consolidation;
- Drives prospect retiree conversion and new revenue - increasing the close rate by as much as 254%; and
- Amplifies the advisors’ value and productivity by making the complex simple.
For additional information, visit our website at https://www.incomediscovery.com/.
*Please note: You must be legally eligible for employment in the US at the time you submit your application.
Income Discovery is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to creating a diverse, welcoming, and inclusive workplace for everyone. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable laws.