Software Engineer II at Google (Atlanta, GA)
Location: Atlanta, GA
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-05-08 05:01:02
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location for this position from the following: Atlanta, GA, USA; Boulder, CO, USA; Cambridge, MA, USA; Chapel Hill, NC, USA; Irvine, CA, USA; Kirkland, WA, USA; Los Angeles, CA, USA; New York, NY, USA; Palo Alto, CA, USA; Pittsburgh, PA, USA; Seattle, WA, USA; Sunnyvale, CA, USA; Washington, D.C., DC, USA; San Bruno, CA, USA; Bellevue, WA, USA
- Bachelors degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 1 year of professional software development experience.
- Experience in web/mobile application development, Unix/Linux environments, distributed/parallel systems, information retrieval, networking, or systems/security software development.
- Master's or PhD degree in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- Experience developing accessible technologies.
- Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed.
- Ability to learn other coding languages as needed.
- Ability to write in English fluently.
About the job
Google's software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond web search. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Googles needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
Google aspires to be an organization that reflects the globally diverse audience that our products and technology serve. We believe that in addition to hiring the best talent, a diversity of perspectives, ideas, and cultures leads to the creation of better products and services.
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology's greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From Google Ads to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
Additional Information(Colorado only*) Minimum salary of $111,000 + bonus + equity + benefits.*Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation for this role when being hired into our offices in Colorado.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and improve software.
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables.