Senior Ruby on Rails Developer (100% Remote) at Whitespectre () (allows remote)
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-05-10 05:00:42
Whitespectre is a product development company that creates high-performing platforms and apps, both for our client partners and our own products. Founded in 2014, we're a team of 70 smart and diverse architects, engineers, product managers and designers, working together remotely and growing. We're proud to have played major roles in fueling our clients' businesses- a mix of high-growth start-ups and large established companies.
In this role, you’ll work within a fast-moving cross-functional team to solve interesting technical challenges and drive real business growth at scale. Our company toolset includes Rails6, Postgres, Elastic, REST/GraphQL, CI/CD with Docker, Heroku/AWS, ReactJS, Typescript, Webpack etc. Automation and working smartly is important to us; dynamic environments spin up with new feature branches, slack bot integrations control our production releases.
- Solving hard business logic with elegant software design to make code modular and maintainable for the future.
- Designing new architectures and advocating for your design decisions to other team members.
- Understanding how code translates to DB queries and know how to optimize
- Identifying bottlenecks, using tools to diagnose and refactor code for scale
- Ensuring the robustness, performance and failure characteristics of the system.
- Writing well tested (rspec), defect-free code with CI/CD
- Taking ownership of production applications - managing issues, releases and ensuring quality
You must have...
- Have worked in teams where you contributed towards technical decision making
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in software development
- Proven experience using Agile Methodologies in a remote team
- Availability to work full-time within a fast-moving cross-functional team, working 11 am - 7 pm Central European Team
- Good communication skills (both verbal and written)
What do we offer?
- Interesting challenges: We’ve done everything from scaling high-performance backends, building beautiful (but complex) user interfaces to low-level bluetooth communication with hardware devices.
- Competitive rates: This is a contract position with a long-term outlook (12 months+ full-time projects).
- 100% Remote: We've been proudly and successfully remote first for over 8 years
- Impact: Our delivery teams are fast-moving, highly collaborative, and own products end to end- your thinking and contribution make a big impact!
- Great environment: We provide a great working atmosphere where you can share and learn with other smart people.
- Career progression: We want you to grow with us and provide the opportunities, knowledge sharing and mentorship to do that.
- Work-life balance: love your work, but know that it doesn’t take over your life.
- Paid Meetups: Come meet with your colleagues in Barcelona or at a local meetup.
The candidate must live outside of the US. Please no recruitment agencies.