Senior Quality Assurance Engineer (Malaysians preferred) at Sam Media (Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia)
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-05-10 05:00:43
Are you passionate about the quality and usability of web apps?
Can you put yourself in the shoes of the customer?
Can you develop automated tests?
Then join our fun and talented team. We deliver best-in-class web applications in the Online Performance Marketing industry. We serve millions of impressions per hour worldwide.
You should have great attention to details, love to find bugs and glitches. You will be manually testing our web applications, interacting with them in the same way that an end-user does; and finding where things can be improved.
We have hundreds of live campaigns every day hence you need to be able to prioritize.
Ideally, you should be able to automate your tasks and processes. For example, you will develop automated test scripts to verify APIs and contracts.
In this role, it is important to actively collaborate with developers, business managers and graphic designers in order to gather the requirements, and to report and implement fixes and improvements.
You will be the first member of our QA team. You will have the opportunity to build this team by developing strategies, creating and executing comprehensive and well-structured test plans.
You will be the flag bearer of quality assurance within our organization, for example, you will coach and teach our team members about the new processes that you will introduce.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform usability testing. Recommend fixes and improvements. Follow up and make sure your recommendations are implemented.
- Test usability and functionality of web pages including landing pages and web applications.
- Ensure the pages are responsive and compatible with the most popular browsers and devices.
- Perform compliance testing against rules and regulations. Create a repository of these requirements.
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved.
- Sometimes tests have to be done from a particular geographic location. You will hire 3rd party QA testers and freelancers around the globe and manage them.
- Actively collaborate with developers and other departments to gather requirements of service integration.
- Conduct tests to verify:
- Analytics and data collection is comprehensive and valid
- Recurring billing logic is valid and end-users are being billed
- End-users can access our products and services
- You have a solid understanding of web standards and best practices.
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes.
- Experience in testing web applications on mobile and desktop, apps, landing pages and payment flows.
- Experience in using bug tracking tools.
- Ability to clearly document and communicate test results, findings and recommendations.
- Experience with both manual and automated testing preferred.
- You should be familiar with remote testing tools, VPNs and proxies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to liaise with key stakeholders.
- Experience with performance and security testing is a plus.