Senior Software Engineer (.NET Core) at Unanet, Inc. () (allows remote)
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-05-10 05:00:52
Our growing Product team is looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to help refine our existing APIs (.NET Core) that support our recently launched web (Vue.js and React.js) and mobile (React Native) apps. We're looking for a dynamic engineer who is no stranger to building well-designed and performant APIs that support complex business rules and workflows.
You will begin by learning our existing product offering and familiarize yourself with our Vue.js and C# .NET codebase. As you grow in your understanding of our business logic, you will contribute your API experience to help architect and support more features to our existing SPA and mobile app.
What You'll Do
- Drive back end architectural decisions, developing a maintainable and reliable set of edge applications
- Collaborate with other teams to build shared microservices that serve many applications and scale independently
- Enable our Product team to tap into valuable data sources and build incredible features for our customers
- Flesh out user stories to be consumed by the rest of the team
- Present ideas in the form of lunch and learns to technical staff and help shape our technical landscape
- Provide constructive feedback on pull requests to increase code quality
You First 90 Days
In your First 30 Days, you will immerse yourself in our culture, product and tech stack. You'll collaborate with our team to grow in your understanding of our product offering (C# .NET) and new web (Vue.js) and mobile (React Native) applications. You’ll contribute to defining a technical roadmap that takes scalability, testing and performance into account and present a gap analysis of what can be done even better. You’ll become a contributing member of our efficient and effective SDLC process. You’ll take on development items to get your hands in our current web and API stack.
In your First 60 Days, you will work with and understand the nuances of our team. You’ll create and help work on a backlog of technical infrastructure work related to our platform and API identified in your First 30 Days. You’ll co-create a backlog of work to systematically add new features from which the entire team can pull work items from.
In your First 90 Days, you will help instill the discipline of effectively monitoring and creating work items from production issues. You will advance our tech stack by evolving the technical roadmap and future deliveries. You’ll play an influential role in hiring additional engineers to our growing Product team.
Who You Are
- 7+ years experience .NET development; .NET Core preferred
- 4+ years experience with SQL Server
- 2+ years experience working with an API/Platform team
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent technical design, problem-solving and debugging abilities
- Bachelor's in Computer Science or equivalent
- Ability to work and interface with team members remotely
- Prior experience with React.js, React Native and/or Vue.js
- We are a Team. Employees, customers, and partners working together.
- We are Customer-Focused. Customers are the heart of everything we do.
- We are Driven. Seeking exceptional outcomes.
- We Own our Success. Every employee has a stake in our company.
- We do the right thing and have fun in the process.
Unanet is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for positions without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state or local laws.