Software Engineer- API Team at DriveWealth Technologies LLC () (allows remote)
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-05-11 05:00:22
able to the wealthy.
We are pioneering embedded finance and fractional investing in US equities with a modern and award winning API-driven brokerage infrastructure. We’ve built a patent-pending technology to fractionalize US equities and were the first to receive a license to do so in 2015. DriveWealth makes it as easy to buy Starbucks stock as it is to buy a Starbucks latte.
The SDE will work with our API engineering team. The proper candidate will have experience building Java applications and working in a highly-available and scalable environment. We seek someone that has an exceptional attention to detail and values simplicity over complexity - both in code and communication. You should be opinionated about what you build and offer constructive criticism on things you didn’t.
- Responsible for the technical design and delivery of new Java projects using exciting, cutting-edge technology
- Develop enhancements to existing Java applications as well as build new applications from the ground up
- Monitor production systems, troubleshoot issues, and assist in remediation fixes
- Assist in recommending and facilitating future maintenance and enhancements
- 5+ years experience with high performance Java development
- Expert understanding of RESTful API development.
- Experience with Apache CXF Framework and Java servlet containers.
- Familiarity with Java 8 coding standards and best practices for application development
- Experience with Maven
- Must understand how to write effective unit/integration tests
- Understanding of Eclipse and JUnit
- Experience with a 24x7, highly-available architecture
- Strong communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Understanding of JSON, JMS, Jackson and ActiveMQ
- Experience with NoSQL and SQL database environments
- Experience with Swagger
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- Multiple years experience in fin-tech, e-commerce, or analytics companies
- 401k plan
- EquityStock Options
- Insurance – Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Legal. HSA and FSA options.
- Flexible working hours and work from home
- Paid time off and holidays
- Reimbursement for continuing education and conferences
- Snacks and beverages available in the office
- Pet-friendly workplace
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
TO ALL AGENCIES: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of DriveWealth outside of the Talent organization. DriveWealth’s policy is to only accept resumes from agencies via Workable (ATS). Agencies must have a valid services agreement executed and must have been assigned by the Talent team to a specific requisition. Any resume submitted outside of this process will be deemed the sole property of DriveWealth. In the event a candidate submitted outside of this policy is hired, no fee or payment will be paid.