Backend Engineer - Tradeshift Engage at Tradeshift (Aarhus, Denmark)
Location: Aarhus, Denmark
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-05-11 05:00:24
Tradeshift is looking for a Backend Software Engineer to join the Tradeshift Engage organization in Global Product and Engineering.
Engage is at the core of Tradeshift’s strategy to grow the size of the Tradeshift network exponentially and leverage and monetize the network effects of buyers and sellers transacting through our platform. With Engage, our mission is to offer immediate and tangible value to our sellers even before they are part of our network. We build end user experiences that span seller engagement, seller onboarding, and integrations with our other network and enterprise product offerings.
We are a small team of about 15 people with a charter to move fast while staying aligned with enterprise-grade product standards - it's fun and exciting!
What you will do
- Build business-critical features used for the Tradeshift Engage platform in collaboration with our Tradeshift product and engineering teams in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Clarifying requirements, code design at feature level, implementation, testing until deployment and verification
- Write high-quality, tested and peer-reviewed code
- Provide support to customer facing teams and mentoring to team members
- Review code to ensure the quality of the design by avoiding complexity and advocating clarity within the team
- Identify opportunities, design and implement solutions to improve engineering productivity
Who you are
You’re perfect for this role if you:
- Have 3+ years of relevant professional experience
- Have a good understanding of Java and Spring framework
- Have experience in developing REST-based microservices architectures
- Know how to build resilient architectures or experience with performance optimization
- Used to build applications on top of Docker, Kubernetes and AWS
- Keen to automate tests and practice CI/CD (including D)
Nice-to-have skills and experience:
- Projects done in languages like Python, Kotlin, Scala, Groovy, Go or Typescript
- Familiarity with batch and stream processing. Experience with Spring Batch library is a huge plus
- Good datastores skills (Postgresql, ElasticSearch, Kafka or similar)
Tradeshift Engineering culture
First and foremost, we care. We care for each other, the business, our users and our code. We care for democratizing business and building the world’s largest network for businesses.
We make decisions every day where two good things are at odds. Our daily activities & choices are a reflection of the preferences we hold strongest. These statements, created in the same form as the agile manifesto, show where our preferences lie.
- Being on an adventure over being safe and cuddled
- Helping my team deliver over making individual contributions
- Being part of a global team over supporting my immediate neighbors
- Delivering on promises over working predictable hours
- Building products users love over products users request
- Accountability for my work over focusing on current tasks
- Working on the full product over focusing on technical perfection
- Getting feedback and learning over unwavering execution