Senior Developer at ESO Solutions, Inc. (Belfast, UK)
Location: Belfast, UK
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-05-11 05:00:45
As a member of our Inventory Engineering Team, based in Belfast, you will be working on a high-profile new product which ESO is launching in 2021, which will revolutionise the way Fire and Ambulance crews manage the medical supplies they bring to every call. With an innovative, design-led approach and extensive collaboration between the engineering, product and design teams, this role is an opportunity to make a real difference to community health and safety while growing your expertise on a cutting-edge application which makes use of the latest cloud-native technologies. Our development engineers are passionate about their craft and revel in shipping software that improves patient care. If you are ready to write elegant and innovative code that will effect real change, this is the job for you. Reporting to the Development Manager you will be part of our Engineering team.
What You’ll Be Doing – the day to day
You can expect to work across the whole stack from front-end SPAs, through back-end services, containers, serverless, devops, SQL, noSQL to name but a few. We value competency, tenacity and problem-solving, and you’ll find plenty of opportunities to learn new skills and technologies, or even introduce your own best practices into your new team.
We are constantly embracing new language and CLR features as they become available – we love how .NET is making it easier to get our jobs done while writing less boilerplate code – it’s exactly how we like to work. Our development engineers lead by championing a culture of personal ownership and customer-focused execution. We love those who pride themselves in how they contribute through excellent solutions and end-user experiences, as much as clean and clear code.
We are an Agile development shop and interact regularly with project stakeholders, including demos from each sprint. To support this methodology, we use regular retrospectives and objective measurement to drive continuous improvement and empower our developers to make informed technology and implementation decisions. As part of the development process, you will be involved in design sessions and you’ll have the opportunity to learn and teach through peer review of code and of completed solutions.
Who You Are - some of the essential things required to be successful in the role
- Five plus years’ experience in software engineering and software design and architecture principles
- Problem-solving and analytic thinking skills
- Experience programming in C# .NET, or another similar language such as Java
- Experience of some of the following technologies, and a passion to learn and grow across many of the remainder:
- CI, unit testing and mocking frameworks (e.g. NUnit / Moq / NSubstitute)
- Logging, monitoring and alerting frameworks (e.g. Serilog, Application Insights, New Relic)
- Typescript and UI development in Angular - Git for source control, branching and merging (e.g. gitflow)
- OO concepts, design patterns, modern .NET web frameworks, SQL and relational database concepts.
- Serverless, PAAS and containerized cloud applications
- Messaging and eventing technologies, (e.g. Azure Service Bus, MQ)
- Any wider experience of other technologies, and a passion to teach and share those with your new team.