Big Data Engineer (i.e. Hadoop) at Imaginary Cloud (Lisbon, Portugal)
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-05-11 05:01:13
At Imaginary Cloud, we believe in making people's lives easier through technology: we design and develop world-class digital products for a faster go-to-market strategy with our user-centric Product Design Process.
Our strong focus on UX/UI and cutting-edge front-end development allow us to work with top clients from different industries in multiple locations worldwide. To deliver new features within short time frames and answer quickly to change, we use an Agile methodology.
Based in Lisbon and Coimbra, we're a very talented team with mindful creativity. We thrive with new challenges, and we work as a team to bring the best digital products to life. Since we believe that a healthy work environment matters to our overall productivity, we value everyone's well-being and continuous personal & professional growth.
Day-to-day tasks include using scientific methods, processes, algorithms, and systems to extract knowledge and insights from many structural and unstructured data while engaging with a team of developers of successful products.
We value previous hands-on experience in the following fields:
2+ years of working experience in Big Data
- Academic background in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Math or related field
- A graduate degree in Big Data or another quantitative field is a plus
- Good proficiency in the Hadoop/Spark stack or the Azure big data stacks
- Analytical mind with a strong problem-solving aptitude
- Experience collaborating with engineering and product development teams
Our tech stack:
- Python / Django
- Ruby / Ruby on Rails
- SQL (MySQL / PostgreSQL)
- Mobile development (iOS, Android, React Native)
- Linux / Mac OS - command line
- Automated provisioning tools (Docker / Ansible / Capistrano)
- NoSQL (Mongo, Redis, etc.)
- Photoshop / Figma
What we have to offer:
- International and challenging projects for top clients
- Flexible working hours
- Fair compensation according to your experience
- Informal environment
- Health insurance
- Paid sick days
- Team events
- Career plan
- We're not Outsourcing!
If this sounds exactly what you're looking for, we would like to meet you and discuss this opportunity. Please here.