(Senior) Backend Engineer - Golang / Java (m/f/d) at Engel & Völkers Technology GmbH (Hamburg, Deutschland)
Location: Hamburg, Deutschland
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-05-12 05:00:16
Do you want to play an instrumental role as a Senior Backend Engineer - Golang / Java (m/f/d) in a time of amazing growth? Read on to learn more!We are looking for a motivated and creative team player to be part of a new venture in the digital real estate industry and mobile app space. Individuals who like getting things done, who like to communicate and strive to work with passion & care: You are eager to understand the customers problems and curious how to best use technology to solve them.You will be part of the Seller Acquisition team who is passionate about delivering high quality products, who concentrates on generating seller and buyer leads. Our stack is: Golang / Java in the backend and ReactJS (NextJS) in the frontend.
- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications.
- Build, monitor, troubleshoot, refactor and fix challenging applications.
- Writing reusable, testable, and efficient codes.
- Participate actively in technical discussions and presentations with fellow engineers inside and outside your team.
- Implementation of security and data protection.
- Build on strong fundamentals such as pragmatism and state-of-the-art technology.
- Take end-to-end ownership of your solution from design to release.
- You have good experience in Golang min 3+ years
- Commercial programming experience on JavaSE/JavaEE/Kotlin
- Strong knowledge of Rest web services and experience in working with grpc is a plus.
- Experience in building and maintaining micro-services
- Experience in developing multithreaded applications
- Understanding of relational database design principles & knowledge of SQL
- Familiar with Git and CI/CD pipelines.
- Refactoring complex systems is known to you and you have fun challenging existing solutions
- Familiar with basic design templates
- You are a team player
NICE TO HAVES
- Experience with GoogleCloud and Kubernetes
- Experience in developing distributed systems, systems with high demands on performance and reliability
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU
- The best of both worlds: a modern prop tech start-up backed by Engel & Völkers a profitable real estate company of more than 40 years
- An agile working culture with flat hierarchies and cross functional teams from over 15 different countries
- Technology driven environment based on the latest tech stack: Golang, Kotlin, NodeJS, ReactJs, NextJS, Nx, GCP, Docker, Kubernetes etc.
- Flexible working hours, remote and onsite work and 30 days of vacation
- A comprehensive benefit package including support for public transportation, gym, a pension plan, 25€/monthly company debit card and many more corporate benefits