Digital Transformation / Full Stack developer role (Java + React) at Motability Operations (Bristol, UK)
Location: Bristol, UK
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-05-12 05:00:17
This engineer will join one of our project teams that are working on a variety of exciting internal & customer facing systems. It is an agile delivery environment with momentum from some recent big successes, and an ambitious mission over the next few years. We are evolving the project teams into long standing product teams.
We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer with a strong technical background to join this growing team. For this role we would like someone passionate about the craft of software delivery to help us shape how we deliver software for our customers for the future. If you have experience in the following areas please get in touch:
- changing how teams deliver software to their customer
- shaping effective/CD pipelines using best practice
- building in effective feedback to engineers
- great testing principles, TDD, automation, synthetic monitoring etc.
- improving developer experience, commoditising development and pipeline tooling so engineers can get on with the job
While usually based in our Bristol (or London) office, the team is fully remote for now (and is working well remote), and we will continue to offer more flexible/remote working for our team post COVID.
You don't necessarily need experience in all of our stack (in fact, we would be surprised to find someone who did!), however we are very much looking for applicants who have an aptitude & passion for building great software, a willingness to learn and embrace new things, and want to be a part of a supportive and empathetic cross-functional delivery team.
Our current tech stack:
- Includes Java & Spring Boot microservices, with React frontends
- PostgreSQL is our preferred database
- We use ActiveMQ and Kafka for messaging
- We have automated CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins (with upcoming plans to integrate with ArgoCD)
- We use the Red Hat OpenShift (Kubernetes) platform, hosted on AWS
- AWS services are used where we can e.g. RDS, ElasticCache, S3, MSK
- We release to production regularly, some teams can be much as every day
- Everything As Code
If you looking for an exciting opportunity to work with some interesting tech in a great team then this could be the role for you.
Go on - contact us!
All applications will be reviewed by the software engineering team leads directly, and will endeavour to reply back to all applicants within 24 hours (slightly longer if over a weekend!) with next steps. If you have any questions about the role or anything else before applying, please also get it touch.