Principal Software Development Engineer in Test at Soul Machines Limited (Phoenix, AZ)
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-05-12 05:00:39
Soul Machines is changing the face of human computer interaction, and we're seeking a skilled Principal SDET to join the team. We're a hugely diverse team of researchers, engineers, artists and more. With staff from all around the globe we welcome applications from anyone who believes they can add value.
We are looking for a Principal Software Development Engineer in Test to develop and execute exploratory and automated tests to ensure product quality. The responsibilities include researching, designing, and implementing test automations. Defining best practices and standards to deliver product with highest quality. Review peer automation scripts and mentor team.
The Principal role plays an important part in our company’s product development process. Our ideal candidate will be responsible for identifying key challenges in day-to-day QA activities and come with simple solutions to make things easy to test but also maintain high standards.
- Utilise open-source tools or develop custom scripts for automating tests to validate software products involving both back-end processing systems and Web-based GUIs.
- Ensure complex automated scripts are created, modified, and maintained.
- Goal towards executing automation scripts regularly through CI/CD pipelines.
- Develop automation strategies that will enhance test execution, manual test coverage and the consistency of regression testing.
- Create detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans, test cases, and test reports.
- Execute functional, integration, regression, performance, and resiliency tests for multiple applications/subsystems.
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs.
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet team needs.
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
- Mentor Junior resources to up-skill on Automation.
- Review peer’s work and provide feedback.
- Stay up to date with new testing tools and test strategies.
- Passionate about SDET
- 10+ years experience in QA as a Software Developer in Test
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated skill in writing clear, concise, and comprehensive test plans and test cases.
- Distributed Systems experience, AWS, AZURE and Google Cloud.
- Extensive hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing.
- 8+ years hands-on experience with automated testing tools.
- Experience in Chatbots, NLP, and speech synthesis.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process.
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus.
- Champion for Test Automation, CI/CD, and Agile/Scrum with SDET embedded in a team.
- Embodies the following key principles: Customer Obsession, Deliver Results, Ownership, Invent and Simplify, Bias for Action, Disagree and Commit, and Insists on the Highest Standards
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related subject.
- Previous experience with Machine Learning or AI technologies
- Competitive salary
- Flexible / remote working
- Monthly massage
- Latest tools and tech
- Birthday day off
- 5 weeks annual leave
Our number one value is trusted relationships with our customers and employees.
We are wholeheartedly committed to a diverse and inclusive culture. We recruit across the globe, languages and cultures.
Our success depends on the success of our customers and we are dedicated to making sure every experience with a Digital Person is exceptional.
From day one, we have been laser focused on providing the most astonishing Digital People.
Who should apply
At Soul Machines we want people to feel they can apply for a job even if they don’t think they’re the “perfect” candidate ..perfect doesn’t exist. We don’t just look for people who tick all the boxes, we look for individuals with passion and enthusiasm who want to grow with us.
So whatever your background, if this type of company excites you, then please send us your application. We look forward to speaking with you.