Software Engineer, Back End at Google (Hyderabad, India)
Location: Hyderabad, India
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-05-12 05:00:54
Due to the current health crisis related to COVID-19 and the escalating visa/travel restrictions in place, we're currently unable to extend offers to anyone who cannot work from India due to lockdown visa/travel restrictions, or other restrictive measures until further notice. Consequently, we will be prioritizing candidates who can start in this location by set date as expected. We're keeping the situation under review and would adjust our position should the restrictive measures be removed later on.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 4 years of relevant work experience.
- Masters or PhD degree in Engineering, Computer Science, other technical related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience working with two or more from the following: web/mobile application development, Unix/Linux environments, distributed and parallel systems, machine learning, information retrieval, natural language processing, networking, developing large software systems, and/or security software development.
- Experience working in the payments industry and/or with payments-related products.
- Ability to share knowledge via formal mentoring, review code, review design documents, deliver technical talks, teach classes, or consult on projects.
- Interest in and ability to learn other coding languages.
About the job
Google's software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our products need to handle information at scale, and extend well beyond web search. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day.
Google Pay is Googles mobile payments and commerce app for our Next Billions Users (NBU) markets. It was made first for India with an incredible adoption since launch.
Bolo is a speech-based reading-tutor app that helps children learn to read. Our teams mission is universal literacy, we believe that everyone should be able to read. Through working with parents, teachers, and the broader education ecosystem, Bolo will contribute in shaping the future of Indias young learners and readers.
While your focus will be back end development, you will also get exposure to mobile development of your team's product. With a passion in having massive social impact, you will work on speech technologies, machine learning Android apps, and full-stack challenges of a newly released product.
Google is passionate about organizing the worlds information and making it universally accessible and useful. As more Internet users come online around the world, we aim to address the needs of people in developing countries, including India, Indonesia and the Philippines. The needs and computing paradigm of these users are uniquely differentiated and we look forward to providing them with the best products and services to suit their growing digital lives.As part of this effort, you will work closely with engineering teams around the world to build great products and features.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and improve software and new user-facing features in Googles products.
- Manage project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables.
- Write client-side code for web-based applications, create fast, easy-to-use, high volume production applications, and develop prototypes quickly.
- Build the libraries and frameworks that support large, complex web applications.
- Contribute to engineering efforts from planning and organization to execution and delivery to solve complex engineering problems.