Tech Lead AI Fintech at Itemize () (allows remote)
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-05-12 05:01:15
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Itemize Tech Lead will have the opportunity to design and lead the implementation of our client-facing and platform products, while mentoring core tech team engineers and managing offshore developers.
Responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with tech and product to drive roadmaps and resourcing that align with business goals
- Managing offshore development resources
- Serving as a lead contributor to the software design and technical architecture of the client-facing applications
- Contributing ~60% of time to hands-on development and deployments and ~40% of time dedicated to team and project management
- Mentoring team members and conducting clear and actionable feedback sessions and code reviews
- Ensuring technology adheres to clean coding and industry security standards, maintaining PCI and SOC compliance
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 4+ years professional work experience in server-side software development with a primary focus in Nodejs, Python, and RESTful APIs
- 2+ years professional experience with AWS cloud platform services, including Lambda, ECS, Cloudwatch
- Technical leadership experience with proven ability to effectively manage teams and meet deliverables
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Excellent communication skills and comfort with working with remote teams
- Familiarity with relational database structures and SQL queries
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Working knowledge of CI/CD methodologies
WHAT WE OFFER
- High energy atmosphere of an AI-driven FinTech scaleup that has great traction towards global success and already serves clients across four continents, including Fortune 500 companies. And we are just getting started!
- We value education and professional development and encourage employees to take ownership, become subject matter experts, and bring new ideas to the table to challenge themselves and their teammates.
- Enjoyable working environment: A diverse international team of techies, dog lovers, globetrotters, and musicians. We offer flexible PTO and a generous benefits package, and highly value independence. Our team enjoys spending time together with fun virtual activities and we look forward to re-establishing face to face events soon!
Itemize is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Itemize does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by applicable law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.