System Admin Linux (6 months contract) at Artificial Solutions (Barcelona, Spain) (allows remote)
Location: Barcelona, Spain
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-05-13 05:00:19
We are looking for a System Admin who will support during 6 months our Hosting & Support team. The position is preferavbly based in one of our offices in Barcelona or Stockholm.
You will work within a team who are responsible for the 24 x 7 operation of all cloud based customer and partner environments.
Wondering what you will be doing? Here it goes!
- Being part of a team responsible for the day to day operation of a cloud based platform
- Proactively monitoring and maintaining environments ensuring optimal uptime
- Building and Maintaining server environments
- Troubleshooting any incident which may arise
- Providing technical assistance and support to internal and external customers
- Undertaking any planned maintenance activities.
- Acting as primary / secondary support engineer for the 24 x 7, typically one week in every four, on call rota providing reactive support to critical failures within the production environment
We are a great match if you have:
- Quick learner with ideally 1+ years experience in a similar position
- Good working knowledge of Linux operating systems, including installation, configuration, system administration and troubleshooting procedures.
- Working knowledge of IP based networking
- Experience of managing and deploying cloud platforms ideally AWS, but otherwise Azure etc
…And we welcome:
- Working knowledge of Automation / CI Tools
- Scripting knowledge eg in Bash, Python or Ruby
- Working knowledge of Databases ideally mariadb, mysql
- Working knowledge of Windows
- Strong analytical, multitasking and problem-solving skills
- Flexible open-minded and pragmatic
- Good interpersonal skills
Let’s not forget about language skills:
- Business fluency in English, both written and spoken.
- Any additional languages are a plus.