Cloud Native Software Engineer (Data Platform) at Nexthink (Prilly, Switzerland)
Location: Prilly, Switzerland
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-05-13 05:00:20
You’re an experienced software engineer and want to use your knowledge to help us transition to the cloud. Do you feel like you can help us with it? Then continue reading, you are in the right place!
Here at Nexthink, we are looking for a Cloud-native Engineer to join our Data Platform team. At Nexthink you will:
- Play a very important role in developing the next generation of our Data Platform.
- Help us in our journey to become a cloud-only company.
- Design, implement, deliver and validate cloud-native microservices for a high-scalable SaaS platform.
- Work with cloud-native applications using a modern open-source technology stack.
- Participate in all stages of software development and collaborate with different teams.
- Maintain the highest code quality standards and help the team to improve its best practices.
- Work with the agile iterative/incremental mindset.
- Be open-minded to learn new technologies and programming languages when is needed.
- Participate in the test phase, from the unit test to the system integration test.
- Analyze performance bottlenecks and stability issues.
- Document the solutions and architecture according to our standards.
- Ability to drive complex projects with minimal oversight, delivering and refining features iteratively.
So, are you a skilled cloud-native engineer with a passion for learning new things? Then come to join us!
- Minimum 5 years of experience in software development.
- Experience with micro-services, containers and messaging architectures is a must.
- Strong experience with scalable software architecture: micro-services, APIs (e.g.: REST, GraphQL, gRPC), container deployment (e.g.: Docker, Kubernetes, Istio) and messaging architectures is a must.
- Experience with Kafka, ClickHouse, Micronaut, and New Relic (or similar) highly valued.
- Experience with public cloud providers (e.g. AWS, Azure...), especially with multi-tenant architectures.
- Solid knowledge of core Java (including v8) features such as streams and lambda.
- Knowledge of other programming languages a plus.
- Experience with relational (Postgres) or NoSQL data stores
- Familiar with Jenkins, Git, Gradle, and with configuration management systems like Terraform/ Ansible.
- Experience working in an Agile environment, excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Strong refactoring abilities and test automation - TDD is a plus.