Software Engineering Manager at AppNeta, Inc. (Vancouver, BC, Canada) (allows remote)
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-05-13 05:00:23
AppNeta is a fast-growing global technology company that is taking advantage of the massive performance monitoring marketplace sized by Gartner as $2.9B in 2020. AppNeta has been named five times to the Inc. 5000 Fastest-growing Private Companies list, and has won numerous awards for company culture, including Inc. Magazine and BBJ’s Best Places to Work and BostInno’s Coolest Companies.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to lead, motivate and grow a team of skilled engineers, focused on the delivery of full-stack features. You and your team will work closely with UX on front-end development and back-end development using and creating large sets of performance data and analytics. You will have experience successfully leading teams and applying the best practices in agile software development. In addition to demonstrating your leadership capabilities, we look forward to learning how you keep in touch with the technologies with which you and your team work. You should be as comfortable promoting positive cultural change as you are rolling up your sleeves and having code-level discussions with your team.
Although we have offices (currently closed) in Vancouver and Boston we are 100% remote friendly and encourage candidates located anywhere in Canada or the U.S to apply!
What you'll do:
- Lead, develop and grow a talented team of developers, providing them direction, support and ongoing feedback.
- Work with each team member to set and evaluate quarterly goals, regularly evaluate performance and provide positive and constructive feedback.
- Hire, elevate and improve the performance of your team.
- Drive the functional design and on-time delivery of well-engineered features to meet or exceed customers' functionality, usability, and quality expectations.
- Collaborate with other teams for efficient delivery of cross-team projects and for sharing the workload.
- Work closely with Product Management and UX in the scoping and planning of development priorities.
- Ensure high level epic descriptions are well represented by detailed story definitions, UI workflows and mockups.
- Provide technical guidance on architecture, design and technology decisions.
- Communicate on behalf of your team to report on status, mitigate risk, and recognize individual and team achievements.
Ideally you'll have most of the following skills and experience:
- Excellent communication skills with a passion for sharing new ideas.
- Several years’ experience developing and delivering enterprise-class software.
- Experience providing technical leadership to software engineers.
- Excellent organization skills and the ability to achieve results within tight deadlines.
- Strong knowledge of agile software engineering processes and practices.
- Experience with software development using for example, Java and React.
- Experience with cloud-based service delivery, and specifically the Amazon AWS environment and technologies.
- Experience with various datastore technologies, relational and non-relational.
- Experience and/or strong interest in synthetic web analysis, network performance, or data analytics is a strong asset.
AppNeta is the leader in proactive end-user performance monitoring solutions built for the distributed enterprise. With AppNeta, IT and Network Ops teams can assure continual and exceptional delivery of business-critical applications. AppNeta’s SaaS-based solutions give IT teams essential application and network performance data, allowing them to continuously monitor user experience across any application, network, data center or cloud.
At AppNeta, we take application and network performance seriously without taking ourselves too seriously. AppNeta strives to create an inclusive and anti-racist workplace for all team members. We work every day to facilitate and actively promote an environment where all employees know they are truly valued and treated equally. We offer work-from-home stipends, unlimited time off, and generous paid Maternity/Paternity leave, and pride ourselves on providing a challenging yet fun and collaborative environment.