Software Developer 4 at Oracle (Pleasanton, CA)
Location: Pleasanton, CA
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-05-13 05:00:24
We at Oracle Marketing Cloud (OMC) Responsys disrupting the world of marketing. And we want your help.
OMC Responsys was built with the mission to change the way that the world does marketing in the digital age. Were a cloud software company a B2C SaaS offering that is helping companies take advantage of digital channels such as email, mobile, social, display, apps, and the web to drive up revenues and build lasting relationships with consumers.
A job at Oracle Marketing Cloud is not only a fantastic career opportunity but an opportunity to be part of something big!
The ideal candidate must have a passion for solving complex and interesting problems in the area of distributed computing, high volume transaction processing and large scale system design. Our success requires us to process over one billion transactions a day in a SaaS environment. We are seeking individuals who can handle the challenges and opportunities of developing software that operates at this scale while expanding our functionality to even further the lead that OMC Responsys has over the competition. Principal software engineers will work on many different projects and assume varying responsibilities.
- Takes full responsibility for the architecture of medium-sized product or subsystem within a large product
- Vision, recommend, architect scalable, robust, self heel platform to support next generation products for OMC Responsys that helps to retain its leadership position in the marketplace.
- Works on highly complex problems and solutions. Has a deep understanding of how his/her function interacts with all related functions.
- Technical evangelists, who crave high performance & quality delivery.
- Progressively makes a critical decision that defines a specific direction for a system in terms of implementation, deployment, operations, and maintenance
- Works closely with architect groups and chief architects to review the design proposal and provide the justification for the decision taken.The candidate will be responsible for design the high performance orchestration engine to support large volume marketing transactions.
- Acquire knowledge of existing code and refactor or re-engineer the code as needed to meet the needs of the evolving platform
- Inspires, mentors, and encourages colleagues to apply intelligently customized industrys best practices
- He or she must convince all relevant stakeholders that the chosen approach is sound moreover the chosen architectural solution must be well explained and justified
- A very good negotiator with all stakeholders and familiar with business domain and craft solutions is simple and practice
- Keep up to date on the latest technologies, framework and stay in touch with rapid evolution of the field
- Define new methodologies, practices, and tools to re-define the product and solution.
We are currently hiring top talent engineers to lead our next generation products and want you to be a part of it. This position has an opportunity to work with Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Data science team and to work on next generation applications for a SaaS Cloud platform.
- BS/MS/Ph.D. in computer science or other relevant technical degrees
- 10+ years of professional related experience in Java/J2EE and object-oriented application development
- Evaluate new and latest technologies that can help innovation and be the market leader
- Demonstrate analytic and problem-solving skills, particularly as it relates to application design, development and infrastructure
- Strong understanding of architecture patterns such as multi-tenancy, scalability, and federation, to build cloud-ready systems
- Ability to analyze, design, and review the architecture with the architect of the group, implement the prototypes.
- Excellent object-oriented programming, unit testing, debugging, and code review skills
- Hands-on Experience with Java, Spring, Hibernate, JMS, JSON, Test NG, relational databases, and SQL and scripting like shell scripting.
- Experience designing/implementing & troubleshooting high-performance Integration solutions or web services using REST or microservices.
- Knowledge or experience in the Big Data space, AI, Machine Learning, Kafka, Microservices is an added bonus.
- Ability to quickly learn and develop expertise in highly complex existing applications and architectures.
- Experience with high volume distributed application development in a SaaS environment (product-based companies)
- Experience with technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, Quartz Scheduler, Zookeeper & Cloud infrastructure is a plus