Mid/Senior Software Engineer (Front-end) - Search Experience at NFQ Technologies (Kaunas, Lithuania)
Location: Kaunas, Lithuania
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-05-13 05:00:37
NFQ is a core technology partner for HomeToGo – a dedicated team of software engineers and data science professionals driving innovation to power the world's largest vacation rental search engine. We are expanding HomeToGo's technology team in Lithuania and are looking for the brightest talents to join this growing company.
HomeToGo is a company built around the idea of finding the ideal accommodation for every trip. Since its founding in 2014, the company has expanded and now operates more than 40 local websites across Europe, North America, South America, Australia and Asia-Pacific. It has become the world’s largest vacation rental search engine, with brands like CASAMUNDO & Tripping. With over 18 million vacation rental offers worldwide, from more than 40,000 trusted partners like Airbnb, Booking.com, Vrbo, TripAdvisor, and more, we make finding and booking a vacation rental easier than ever!
You will join a dynamic and ambitious tech organisation combining Extreme Programming, DevOps, test-driven and trunk-based development principles to maximise business value. At HomeToGo you will find a strong teamwork culture, clearly defined feedback process, performance evaluations, job leveling system and transparency on company goals - an empowering environment for personal growth and career development. If you seek to make an impact that is visible and can be measured - this could be your next chance.
Currently, we are looking for a Mid/Senior Front-end Engineer to join the Search Experience team in Kaunas or Vilnius. In Search Experience, you will mostly work on the search results page - the most visible part of HomeToGo. We serve millions of users daily and, as people say, we only have seconds to make the first impression, thus it’s crucial for us to have the best user experience and we need your help to achieve this goal. In addition to daily coding tasks, you will also help to mentor your colleagues, plan projects from the front-end perspective and suggest measurable improvements to the existing system.
In this role, you will
- Develop new user-facing features to help drive conversions and improve user experience
- Work closely with business stakeholders to identify requirements, plan milestones, and improve product features by measuring performance
- Choose adequate technical and business metrics to monitor features and manage risk
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs, long-term reliability, scalability, and maintainability
- Write “clean”, well-designed code and follow best practices
- Develop for both mobile and desktop with a “mobile-first” mentality
What you will bring
- Excellent JS, HTML and CSS programming skills
- Proficiency with modern Front-end tools: TypeScript, React, Redux, etc.
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as Webpack, Yarn, etc.
- Experience with behavioral tests such as Cypress (preferred, but not essential)
- Solid understanding of responsive design and best practices
- Experience in building large-scale single-page applications
- Strong technical ability to develop designs into efficient and reusable code
- Knowledge of version control system Git
- Fluency in English
What we offer
- Career of growth opportunities and promotions, 360 feedback, performance evaluation system, and mentoring from an international and distinguished team
- Culture of empowerment, trust, recognition, autonomy and quarterly transparency about company goals. A focus on work-life balance, combined with consistent collaboration and support from a team of 30+ nationalities
- Compensation of attractive salary, health insurance, additional holidays, flexible working hours, training budget, language courses, employee-led workshops, office perks, frequent team building and company events, business trips to Berlin. Salary commensurate with expertise and experience: 4000-7000 EUR gross