Software Engineer at Freelancer.com (Sydney, Australia)
Location: Sydney, Australia
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-05-14 05:00:11
Come work at Freelancer and learn how to solve global high scalability web engineering problems. We have over 50 million users, and Freelancer.com is ranked in the top 600 websites in the world, as reported by Alexa. We operate in 247 countries, regions and territories, in 34 languages and 39 currencies. And thats just Freelancer.com -- we also operate over 50 regional websites.
At Freelancer, you'll work on state of the art technologies- we're the 4th largest Angular website globally, and according to light house labs, the most performant in the top 10. Our Data Science team works on cutting edge statistical experimentation, market optimisation and much more.
Our companies include:
Escrow.com - a global payments system for large ticket items with over $5 billion USD transactions secured.
Freightlancer - a global heavy haulage freight marketplace.
Photo Anywhere - give us a location, we'll send you photos in 24-48 hours.
Warrior Forum - the #1 internet market community since 1997.
So you think you have what it takes to be an Engineer at Freelancer?
We are looking for fullstack software engineers. Our team work with the latest tech, and push code 30-40 times a day in a high-performance cloud environment. We develop core, revenue-generating products, and so this represents an opportunity to have a fundamental impact on our global business.
Not only will you build features and software that scale, but your work will have direct impact on tens of millions of users worldwide. You would be architecting web applications at scale, enjoying the challenge of writing optimised lightning fast SQL for massive data sets, you will be structuring extensible data and application logic, and be passionate about designing high quality APIs.
Our advanced Angular codebase runs in the browser for desktop and mobile devices, runs on the server to deliver fast, server-side rendered pages for SEO, and inside our iOS and Android mobile apps, all tested with cutting edge automated test suites.
- A meritocratic culture with the ability to take ownership and fast track your career growth. Several of our Directors and VP-level managers started out as interns or Junior Product Managers just a few years ago!
- You will be working on an Alexa top-635 website, solving complex, internet scale and global problems in product & engineering with over 50 million customers across 247 countries, regions & territories.
- Free Class Pass membership.
- Fully stocked kitchens + yes we do have beer taps (and a bar with a killer view)!!
- Catered lunches once a week
- Weekly Town Halls with the all important Q&A session with the CEO (you really can ask him anything)!
- Quarterly hackathons with a huge prize pool !!!!
- Regular team building events (think speed boats in the harbour, escape rooms, karaoke, laser tag, trivia nights, poker nights in the office)!