Senior Developer Advocate at Circle () (allows remote)
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-05-14 05:00:11
Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency and public blockchains for payments, commerce and financial applications worldwide. Circle's platform has supported over 100 million transactions worth tens of billions of dollars, with nearly 10 million retail customers, over a thousand businesses, while storing and securing more than $5 billion in digital currency assets. Circle is also a principal developer of USD Coin (USDC), which together with Coinbase and the Centre Consortium oversees the standards and protocol for what has become the fastest growing, regulated, fully-reserved stablecoin. USDC now stands at well over $10 billion market cap and is adding nearly $300 million net new digital dollars in circulation every week. Today, Circle's transactional services, business accounts, and platform APIs are giving rise to a new generation of financial services and commerce applications that hold the promise of raising global economic prosperity for all through programmable internet commerce.
What you’ll be part of:
With the mission “To raise global economic prosperity through programmable internet commerce,” Circle was founded on the belief that blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people and businesses everywhere can more freely connect and transact with each other with new technologies for digital money. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people and companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse and which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees and families, our local communities and our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, and High Integrity.
What you’ll be responsible for:
As a Senior Developer Advocate on the Circle APIs team, you will bridge the gap between our products and developers interested in building next generation payments, commerce and financial applications. You will understand developers’ needs like no one else, establish solid relationships with developer communities and advocate for their needs internally within the product organization. You will own the discovery experience and technical product documentation for Circle’s suite of API products, as well as represent Circle at online forums and developer events around the world.
What you'll work on:
- You will own delivering the best possible experience for developers experimenting with Circle’s APIs. You will own planning, writing and publishing developer documentation (see https://developers.circle.com). You will code sample applications, write technical notes as well as produce content (whether it’s videos, blog posts, podcasts, etc.) that helps developers learn about Circle’s APIs.
- You will be constantly in touch with the developer community that builds on top of Circle’s APIs, listening to their needs, pointing them to useful resources and clarifying their questions. You will advocate for developers’ needs internally and ensure product and documentation improvements are put in place to address those.
- You will interact with product management, product design, engineering, customer solutions and other internal teams to communicate developers’ needs and deliver constant improvements to Circle APIs discovery and user experience.
- You will be an expert on Circle’s APIs, focusing on supporting external developers, assisting with product quality assurance before major releases, as well as supporting the training of customer solution teams.
- You will act as an evangelist for Circle APIs, articulating vision & value propositions, answering questions online, and helping scale adoption across our developer ecosystem by attending conferences, hackathons and other events on behalf of Circle.
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
What you'll bring to Circle:
- You have a computer science degree, prior software engineering or strong technical work experience. You love to code against REST APIs and have extensive experience working with and integrating external services.
- You have 4+ years experience working as an external developer advocate.
- You deeply understand and are passionate about developers and making their work more meaningful and impactful.
- You are a fantastic communicator both verbally and in writing. You are used to effectively interfacing with architects and developers. You have a passion for teaching and sharing new ideas and concepts.
- You are detail-oriented, highly analytical and comfortable digging into large datasets.
- You are a self-starter and fast-moving when it comes to putting plans into motion – you don't need to work from a script.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.