Software Engineer (Java) - Poker at Gamesys Group (London, UK)
Location: London, UK
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-05-14 05:00:21
Gamesys Group is one of the world’s leading gaming operators, with millions of players and 1500+ employees. We believe passionately in what we do. Quite simply, we craft entertainment with care, building trusted brands and creating great experiences that always put the player first.
Our award-winning ventures – including Virgin,Jackpotjoy, Monopoly, Heart andVera&John– are some of the best known in the industry. Join us and you’ll be joining a big, international group with some great brands and an exciting future. You’ll feel part of one global family, working with smart people, and delivering a great experience for our players. There’s one thing we expect from you, over and above everything else. Be yourself. One of the values in our DNA is ‘stay wonderfully weird’ – and that applies to all of us.
We’re looking for a Java Developer tojoinourPoker Team.Pokeris a fascinating game of strategy, wherethe player's decisions directly affect how much they will win or lose in each situation. Creating an online server for thousands of concurrent players offers a host of challenges, with manyopportunitiesfor developers to learn cutting-edge computing technologies.
Among your many attributes, you will be aproactive programmer, possessing a strong desire to learn new technologies and enjoy working in a team. You will work in a test-driven-development environment where the focus is on writing good quality code and have a passion for delivery.
We are engineers rather than simply developers, as we are involved in the entire software lifecycle: designing, building, shipping, running, automating, testing and measuring.
- Handle server-side development for an n-tier Java application
- Building new applications, system and features; as well as integrating with third parties.
- Work in a cross functional team using the Scrum agile methodology ensuring that your team meet your sprint commitments
- Continuous improvement of the tools and processes used by the team
- Working closely with stake holders to create new features for our games.
- Performance testing (including load testing)
- Have a DevOps mindset, particularly an appreciation for continuous monitoring of reliability and performance of services in production.
- Owning the testing and release of the work you produce
- Must have Good server-side core Java development experience and experience in event-driven architecture
- Database development e.g. MongoDB,noSQL
- Spring framework including Spring IOC/JDBC/Spring Boot
- Testing good practices: both unit and integrationtesting
- Working on high-volume websites
- Experience with React, redux or othermodernFront Endtechnologies.
- Working with Docker andKubernetes
- An open mind to cross-functional development
- Experience in gaming industry
- Performance testing of Java applications usingJmeter, Gatling etc.
We believe this process works both ways, so what can we do for you?
We offer some of the most competitive benefits in the market including continued personal growth, career development plans and performance bonus. We also believe in providing an environment where employees can flourish – you’ll be working in a very modern work environment – and we will make sure you will also have enough time to unwind with our monthly office events and team-building activities.
This is Gamesys Group and we’re here to make gaming everything it should be. You’ll have fun making fun every day, and that’s a promise.