C# Software Engineer (m/f/d) in the Hearing Aid Industry at WS Audiology (Erlangen, Germany)
Location: Erlangen, Germany
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-05-14 05:00:30
Formed in 2019, through the merger of Sivantos and Widex, WS Audiology combines over 140 years’ experience in pioneering the use of technology to help people with hearing loss hear the sounds that make life wonderful. We are active in over 125 markets and employ 11,000 people worldwide. Our broad portfolio of hearing related products and services generates annual revenues of around EUR 1.7 billion.
Learn about us on www.wsa.com
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
- Experience in software development
- Experience with an object-oriented programming language, e.g., C#, Java, or C++
- Ability to speak and write English fluently, German at the intermediate level
- Experience in agile software development
- Experience with the C# programming language
- Sound knowledge of common software design patterns, principles, and practices
- Experience with the integration of a Bluetooth SDK
About the job:
As a software engineer in our R&D department in Erlangen, you will work in an agile team that delivers a software framework. With this framework, we enable the development of our products in a wide variety of disciplines – from hardware and firmware engineering to Windows, cloud, and mobile software applications. We hire people who are motivated and passionate about building sustainable and high-quality software solutions. As a global company, we welcome a diversity of cultures, ideas, and personal backgrounds.
WS Audiology offers flexible working hours, the possibility to work from home 2–3 days per week, as well as many other employee benefits (e.g., salary according to IG Metall collective agreement, company pension scheme, canteen, free coffee and fruit).
At WS Audiology, applying constant innovation and best-in-class quality, our products help millions of people regain and benefit from the “miracle of hearing.” We are driven by the passion to improve people’s quality of life. As a global leader, our ambition is to unlock human potential by making “wonderful sound” part of everyone’s life. Currently, we sell 5.5 million hearing aids per year, and millions of customers are served through our centers and partners.
- Design, develop, test, maintain, and improve our framework for communication between software applications (e.g., Windows applications or Smartphone apps) and our hearing aids through various channels (e.g., wired and Bluetooth communication)
- Collaborate with product owners, software architects, and other R&D teams to ensure the highest level of quality and usability from our communication framework for current and future products
Join WS Audiology