Software Developer in R&D at CEOS GmbH (Heidelberg, Germany)
Location: Heidelberg, Germany
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-05-14 05:01:20
Help to better understand the structure of materials and physical and chemical processes at the atomic level. Our high-resolution electron-optical devices enable progress in many fields of present research all over the world.
Your Job:Within a team von software developers and physicists you will work on design, implementation and test of our system software for data acquisition, image analysis and microscope control.
- good knowledge of modern Python and the Qt library,
- experience with the Qt Graphics View Framework,
- no worries about concurrent programming (multi-processing/threading and async),
- sound understanding of numpy, etc. for numerical data processing,
- knowledge of client/server architectures and communication patterns,
- fluent in a Linux and Windows environment (cross-platform development),
- knowledge in C/C++ including OpenMP would be beneficial.
Are you interested?If you enjoy coding and you are curious about science and technology we can offer a satisfying and challenging work opportunity. Practical experience in the field of electron microscopy or with other optical equipment is not absolutely necessary. This you can learn with us. Applicants with a science background or mathematicians with strong coding skills are explicitly welcome. A good command of the English language and the motivation to learn German is necessary.
We offer an interesting job providing motivating insight into different fields of modern science and good social and financial conditions. We are an equal-opportunities employer and offer family-aware working hours, free pre-school childcare, employee profit sharing, and public transport discounts. A friendly and respectful working atmosphere is very important for us.
If you have any questions, just contact us in an informal manner or just send your full application in PDF format. We are looking forward to talk to you!
Contact:Dr. Heiko Müller CEOS GmbHjobs@ceos-gmbh.de