Sr. Software Engineer - SaaS at Plex Systems (Troy, MI) (allows remote)
Location: Troy, MI
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-05-14 05:01:20
Sr. Software Engineer - Applications
Want to work with fearless innovators, visionaries, and community-minded people who challenge the status quo? We do too.
Plex is more than a software company — we’re a team of disruptors who are driving innovation and unlocking the promise and value of smart manufacturing.
It isn’t a trend or a moment, it’s a movement. And we’re leading it, but we can’t lead it alone. That’s where you come in.
Plex Systems, Inc.® delivers the first smart manufacturing platform, helping the world’s leading innovators to make awesome products.Built in the cloud, the Plex Smart Manufacturing Platform includes MES, ERP, supply chain management, Industrial IoT, and analytics.
We believe that anything that can be made can be made better, and we are focused on finding the right people to help us achieve the big important tasks ahead.
Is that person you?
In support of our ongoing growth, we are looking for a Sr. Software Engineer to help develop our many diverse, customer-driven applications. The preferred location is Troy, MI but highly qualified remote candidates will also be considered.
WHAT’S YOUR IMPACT?
- Work on all aspects of development including design, database schema, business logic, user interface, performance, and quality
- Analyze business requirements at a detailed level, lead and contribute in the design of new solutions and enhancements to existing features
- Use analytical skills to solve complex business problems by writing simple, effective code
- Work within industry standards and development methodologies such as coding standards, source control strategies, deployment mechanisms, etc.
- Support quality assurance testing; compliance with software development team best practices
- Strengthen the security, stability, and scalability of existing solutions
- Communicate and present information clearly and concisely
- Work both independently and in a dynamic team environment, collaborating with other Developers, Product Managers, QA, and customer support
IS IT IN YOU?
- 7+ years of professional development experience (or 5+ w/ a Computer Science or related bachelor’s degree)
- 3+ years of Object-Oriented programming/design experience, ideally with C#
- 3+ years of Database design/data modeling experience
- SQL (Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, or other relational database software)
- Experience in web development including HTML, CSS, Java Script
- Experience with version control systems such as Git, Mercurial, Subversion, etc.
- Willingness to work hard to help build our growing company
- Preferred Skills:
- .Net Core
- Apache Kafka
- DBA level SQL performance tuning
- Experience writing various types of software tests
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with cloud computing
- Experience leading/mentoring other engineers
- Experience with best SDLC practices such as coding standards, reviews, code management, build processes, and testing
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
We are proud to be recognized as one of the top workplaces in the tech industry. Our inviting culture fosters collaboration, innovation, and motivates team members to take on important work, every day.
In addition to all the benefits you’d expect from a world-class company like ours, we also offer Day 1 benefits, career growth and professional development opportunities, tuition reimbursement, unlimited paid time off, a wellness allowance to support your family’s well-being, sustainable work-life balance, and flexibility. Our multiple office locations offer a casual-dress workplace, complimentary snacks and drinks, and “de-stress areas” complete with amenities in some locations like massage chairs, golf simulator, ping pong tables and more.
Plex values the power of diversity and inclusion – it isn’t just a talking point for us. It drives our business and fosters fresh thinking, and is reflected in the individuals we hire, and the culture and community we’ve built to support them, such as our [email protected] and [email protected] groups. As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applicants of all types and from all backgrounds. Plex urges our employees to understand, accept, and celebrate the differences among people.
SOUND LIKE YOUR DREAM JOB?
EXCITED ABOUT PLEX BUT NOT THE RIGHT GIG?
Don’t despair – your perfect fit is on its way! Stay connected, sign up for job alerts or submit a general application on the Plex Careers page.