Senior Software Engineer, Full Stack (Python + React) at HackEDU, Inc () (allows remote)
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-05-15 05:00:08
HackEDU is growing fast and looking for a full time senior software engineer to join our team. We are an early stage, profitable startup looking to grow the team and build more cool stuff! If career growth, startups, and the opportunity to be involved in all parts of product development is what you are looking for please apply. This is a Remote (work from home) position.
You may especially like this role if you enjoy hacking, security, and want to help educate other software engineers on how to write more secure code.
This position reports to the CTO. You'll be responsible for our web applications and training environments.
What you’ll do:
- Plan, build, and release products
- Manage deployments and CI/CD tooling
- Help develop our system architecture as we scale the product
- Enhance code quality and consistency throughout our stack
- Front End (React)
- Platform /APIs (Python/Flask, Postgres)
- Infrastructure (AWS, Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes)
- We have lessons in every major programming language (C#/.NET, Go, Java, Node, PHP, Python, Ruby, Perl, Clojure)
We are looking for:
- Experience with our tech stack (knowledge in all lesson languages is not required)
- Expert in REST design principles, gitflow workflow, code quality standards
- Product-minded engineers; you want to be involved in product related decisions
- Ability to establish processes and technology to streamline product development
- Adaptability in a fast paced startup environment and interest in taking on additional responsibility
- High level interpersonal, communication, and written skills
- A quick learner with initiative and autonomy; a self-starter
- Excels with remote work
- Cybersecurity interest or experience (not required)
Security teams are turning to HackEDU to help them be more pro-active in reducing vulnerabilities in software. HackEDU helps by offering engaging, interactive secure coding content that developers actually enjoy. Developers improve their ability to write secure software, boost their understanding of how software systems are hacked, and decrease the time to solve security related problems.
HackEDU has always been 100% remote and we plan on continuing to operate this way.
Customers include Costco, Cisco, Albertsons, Weight Watchers, Target, Palo Alto Networks, and many others!