Backend Java Software Engineer at Oracle (Austin, TX)
Location: Austin, TX
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-05-15 05:00:18
Backend Java Software Engineer
LOCATION: UNITED STATES (REMOTE)
NOTE:We are unable to provide visa sponsorship for this role at this time. No candidates requiring visa sponsorship will be considered.
Are you interested in building a very large scale, globally distributed, multi-tenant SaaS platform on top of Oracle Cloud Infrastructure and Platform services?
Oracles Hospitality Global Business Units Hotel Distribution Platform team builds from the ground up a platform for managing global supply and demand for hotel rooms. The platform will operate at a large scale in a broadly distributed multi-tenant cloud environment. Our customers will use it to manage their hotel room inventory, pricing, availability requests, and bookings on all distribution channels. Our mission is to provide the industry with a platform that can scale and have near-zero downtime. As a Java Backend Software Engineer, youll develop application modules with REST interface for databases, applications, tools, etc.Responsibilities:
- Develop, troubleshoot and debug Java programs with REST interface for databases, applications, tools, etc.
- Deployment of Java applications on Oracle Kubernetes Platform
- Scalability, Reliability, Zero downtime and Operational Efficiency of the developed Java application components
- Development of Unit test and test automation
- Expertise in developing REST services
- Experience in Docker and Kubernetes
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, operating systems, and distributed systems fundamentals
- A clear understanding of RDBMS, Oracle databases, NoSQL systems, storage, and distributed persistence technologies
- Experience in developing software on UNIX/LINUX
- Experience in JVM related activities likeheap dump analysis, garbage collection, caching, etc
- Communication and personal skills: work well with members of other functional groups in a project team; demonstrate a strong sense of project ownership
- Experience with Agile and DevOps methodologies
At Oracle, we dont just value differenceswe celebrate them. Were committed to creating a workplace where all kinds of people work together. We believe innovation starts with diversity and inclusion.Contact us or Email us at [email protected] to receive compensation and benefits information for this role. Please include this Job ID: 100272 in the subject line of the email. Innovation starts with inclusion at Oracle. We are committed to creating a workplace where all kinds of people can be themselves and do their best work. Its when everyones voice is heard and valued, that we are inspired to go beyond whats been done before. Thats why we need people with diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and abilities to help us create the future, and are proud to be an affirmative-action equal opportunity employer. Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Oracle will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records pursuant to applicable law.