Principal Software Engineer (AWS, Microservices, API, .NET Core) at Waters Corporation Ltd. (Wilmslow, UK)
Location: Wilmslow, UK
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-05-15 05:00:36
In Waters, the Informatics group produce software that is used by people worldwide for specialist measurement and scientific analysis. We are currently seeking an Principal Software Engineer to work in one of our development teams. We work in a collaborative, agile environment, where team members are empowered to innovate and continually improve. We believe strongly in the value of personal development, and provide support and dedicated time for our people to pursue this.
What can you expect to be doing?
- To design, develop and/or maintain all aspects of software developed by the Informatics Department.
- To provide code and supporting documentation in accordance with the Software Development Processes and codes of practice.
- To collaborate with stakeholders on software and technical issues.
- To act as technical expert for coding, process and best practices and effectively communicate this to development teams on site and globally.
- Work within and across teams to improve working practices and skill levels
- To act as a mentor to other team members.
- To demonstrate significant judgement in technical matters and act on solutions under own guidance.
- To carry out all responsibilities in accordance with the Quality Policy and all applicable procedures
What will make you a successful Principal Software Engineer at Waters?
- Extensive knowledge and proven experience as a software developer, ideally with exposure to elements of our back end technology stack (C#, .Net).
- Good experience working with Amazon Web Services, Microservices, API development
- Knowledge and application of software engineering practices (e.g. Unit testing, TDD, CI/CD, SOLID, BDD etc.).
- Proven ability to work as part of an Agile delivery team.
- Ability to analyse and solve problems.
- Excellent communication and team working skills.