React Native Engineer at The LEGO Group (London, UK)
Location: London, UK
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-05-15 05:00:38
Our engineers work in interdisciplinary squads each arranged around clear product goals with responsibility for delivery of their own product roadmaps. You’ll spend your time working in our dedicated squad working on new functionality and iterative improvements to the LEGO In Store App and the wider LEGO.com ecosystem alongside a dedicated and diverse team of software engineers.This is a permanent full-time position based in London. Our office is near Chancery Lane however due to the current COVID-19 situation our employees remain working from home until further notice.
- Collaborate with Product Owners, UX designers and other Application Engineers to deliver both new functionality and iterative improvements to LEGO.com backend services.
- Participate in code reviews with other engineers
- Focus on sharing knowledge with other engineers
- Identify and resolve scalability and performance issues
Play your part in our team succeeding
Working closely with product owners, architects and engineering managers, our Application Engineers are a vital part of the LEGO.com engineering team. We have implemented a modern front-end stack based around Next.js, React and GraphQL with a cloud-native AWS serverless back-end and we use the platform to design, build and operate LEGO.com.
Do you have what it takes?
- Commercial experience working with React Native - our in-store app is built using React Native backed up by our GraphQL and serverless back-end
- Detailed knowledge of CSS with a strong focus on accessibility and cross-browser compatibility – experience with CSS-in-JS is strongly preferred
- Experience with GraphQL server and client functionality is pereferred
- Commercial experience working with microservices is preferred - our event-based services layer utilises Node.js and the Serverless Framework and is built mainly on the AWS Serverless stack – Lambda, API Gateway, SQS, SNS, Kinesis and DynamoDB
- Experience of working with optimizing front end performance for mobile devices
- Experience of working with modern CI/CD and engineering tooling is a bonus – we leverage Amazon Web Services, CircleCI, GitHub Actions and Terraform extensively
- Must be attentive to detail, flexible and able to work concurrently on multiple projects
- Ability to troubleshoot, research, and work through complex problems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
Join the global LEGO® familyChildren are our role models. Their curiosity, creativity and imagination inspire everything we do. We strive to create a diverse, dynamic and inclusive culture of play at the LEGO Group, where everyone feels safe, valued and they belong.The LEGO Group is proud to be an equal opportunity and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.We support our employees in being there for the moments that matter in life and celebrate families of all kinds, the loved ones that make us who we are. Being part of the LEGO Group also means taking part in our annual Play Day, playing a part in building a sustainable future and continuing our mission to “inspire and develop the builders of tomorrow.”The LEGO Group is fully committed to Children’s Rights and Child Wellbeing across the globe. Candidates offered positions with high engagement with children are required to take part in Child Safeguarding Background Screening, as a condition of the offer.Thank you for sharing our global commitment to Children’s Rights.Build your career brick by brick at the LEGO Group