Senior iOS Engineer at GameChanger (New York, NY) (allows remote)
Location: New York, NY
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-05-15 05:01:15
We believe sports are important because they encourage leadership, teamwork, responsibility, and confidence—critical life lessons that have the power to propel our youth toward meaningful futures. We recognize that without coaches, parents, and volunteers, organized youth sports could not exist. We celebrate those dedicated heroes and make it our mission to help them do what they do best.
The GameChanger App provides teams across the country with team management and scorekeeping capabilities, as well as live fan experiences that keep parents, family, and friends engaged as games are announced, animated, and video streamed in real-time. With GameChanger, coaches and parents are able to organize and follow their athlete’s journey in a simple and powerful way.
Based in downtown Manhattan, GameChanger is a cutting-edge technology company and a proud member of the DICK’S Sporting Goods family. This position is fully remote from anywhere in the US with the option to work at our NYC HQ when it reopens this year.
As a Senior Engineer, you will use modern tools to develop features in our fully-native iOS application and across the stack. You will build engaging user-facing features by contributing your expertise, writing code, and making architectural decisions on a team of Product Managers, Designers, QA Analysts, and Engineers.
What You'll Do:
- Build features for community engagement, scorekeeping, fan experiences, and team management throughout the stack, with a focus on our iOS app.
- Collaborate with peers on critical decisions about how our applications are architected and built.
- Team up with designers, testers, and product managers to find the best solutions for our customers.
- Teach and learn with engineers across the company.
- Promote responsible engineering practices.
Who You Are:
- Solid understanding of software engineering fundamentals.
- Track record of successful iOS projects.
- Experience shipping beautiful, high-quality apps.
- Passion and savvy working with the latest iOS tech.
- Comfort working in a multi-disciplined product team.
- Outstanding problem-solving skills.
- Experience mentoring engineers.
- Our apps are written in Swift and have a Redux architecture using technologies like RxSwift and Realm. Experience in these or similar technologies is a plus.
- Your team will also be doing Android development in Kotlin, so having background there would be a bonus, but is not required.
- Our backend APIs are built with Typescript, Node.js, Redis, Kafka, and PostgreSQL and run in AWS. It's not required that you know these, but you should be open to full stack development.
- Work remotely from anywhere in the US or from our well-furnished, modern office in NYC’s FiDi.
- Unlimited vacation policy.
- Technology stipend - $3,500 every 2 years to purchase new technology.
- Annual Work From Home Stipend and monthly snacks to keep you going
- Full health benefits - medical, dental, vision, prescription, FSA/HRA, etc., as well as coverage for family/dependents.
- Life insurance - basic life, supplemental life, and dependent life.
- Disability leave - short-term disability and long-term disability.
- Retirement savings - 401K plan offered through Vanguard.
- Generous maternity/paternity leave.
- Commuter benefits.
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Virtual and socially distanced team events.
- DICK’S Sporting Goods Teammate Discount.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.