Senior Game Programmer at Double Eleven (Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia)
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-05-18 05:00:59
2020 has not slowed us down, we're growing fast! This gives us the opportunity to look for a number of highly skilled Senior Programmers to join our thriving team. This unique opportunity will allow you to test and refine game-play features and systems throughout development as well as develop technical design specifications.
We’re a new breed of games company.
We’re evolving the games industry by being different and we look after our team well.
Due to our solid relationship with our publishers, we rarely crunch and overtime is often optional, and always paid, to allow you to enjoy a normal family life whilst still working on some pretty interesting titles.
Initially you’ll work remotely due to the Covid-19 pandemic and when our team returns to the studio, you’ll set up camp at our modern office in Bangsar South, Kuala Lumpur. Currently Double Eleven is working fully remotely and we continue to assess the COVID-19 situation, with the safety of our staff our top priority. We’re still actively recruiting and onboarding new staff and will provide you with everything you need to join remotely.
Strictly no agencies (sorry guys!)
WOULD YOU ENJOY:
• Working in our own and other multi-platform game engines, with a diverse range of titles and codebases
• Experience delivering projects using C++ and related technologies
• Helping create beautiful games
We are fundamentally different in the way we work and what you may be used to. Our company was created on the premise that people could have normal lives and do what they love doing. On the rare occasions we work overtime it’s almost always paid and from time to time we also offer voluntary out of hours paid projects. Think of us as a crew instead of a studio, heading in the same direction and dependent on one another to succeed.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
• Design, develop, write, test and implement systems and game code
• Test and refine game-play features and systems throughout development
• Estimate tasks and deliver high quality code to that schedule
• Perform code reviews with the development team to ensure code quality
• Help develop technical design specifications
• Work with designers, artists and publishing as required to create the highest possible quality titles
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
• At least 4+ years experience in the games industry. Expectations are high given our reputation in the industry
• Excellent knowledge of C++, Visual Studio
• Self-motivated with a positive mental attitude
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including with team members outside of the code team
• Ability to manage time and workload effectively
• Writes clear, debuggable, maintainable and performance targeted code
• Able to break down and structure tasks to meet deadlines efficiently
• Fluent in English, both verbal and written
SKILLS OR INTERESTS CONSIDERED A BONUS:
• Knowledge of C# & Unity is considered a major benefit
• Strong maths skills
• Experience in profiling and optimisation techniques
• Experience with multi-threaded programming
• Knowledge and experience of other game engines such as UE4
• Experience with post-launch ongoing product development and delivery
• Continuous integration and build automation experience
• Experience with art packages and pipeline development
• Experience with low level optimisation, shader programming, physics or mathematics
• Experience in an Agile development environment
• A love of games
• A portfolio of extra-curricular or hobbyist projects.
All relevant qualifications considered.
WORKING AT DOUBLE ELEVEN:
We’re pretty sure we’re the best place to work, period. Some of our benefits include:
- Flexible working hours (start anytime between 8:00am and 10:00am)
- Flexible lunch hours
- Personal development plan and potential annual performance bonuses
- Company medical insurance scheme
- End of year bonuses
- State of the art office facilities
- Regular team lunches and title launch parties
- Additional leave for moving house and birthdays
WHAT WE DO:
Double Eleven Limited is a full-service publisher and developer, with our head office located in Middlesbrough and a second office in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Since becoming an independent publisher, Double Eleven has focused on bringing great games to new platforms and audiences including titles from the PixelJunk series, Prison Architect, and Goat Simulator. Double Eleven has also developed a strong reputation for technical skill, working on external titles such as the Lego Harry Potter series (PS4/XB1/Switch), Limbo (Vita) Crackdown 3 (Windows 10) and most recently brought Minecraft Dungeons (Switch, PS4 & Xbox One) to players around the world in partnership with Mojang and Microsoft.
In 2017 and 2018, we were voted one of the best places to work in the UK Games Industry by gamesindustry.biz.
From development and business development, marketing to distribution, there’s a huge amount of talent and experience here from all levels of the games industry. Through hard work, ambition and humanity, we are able to use that experience to create and bring to market great games that people love.