Lead Game Programmer at Double Eleven (Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia)
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-05-18 05:00:59
2020 has not slowed us down and we're growing fast! This gives us the opportunity to look for a Lead Programmer to join our thriving team. You'll test and refine game-play features and systems throughout development as well as develop technical design specifications.
We’re a new breed of games company. We’re evolving the games industry by being different and we look after our team well. We aim to avoid crunch and overtime is always optional, and always paid, to allow you to have a work life balance and still work on some great projects.
Initially you’ll work remotely due to the Covid-19 pandemic and when our team returns to the studio, you’ll set up camp at our modern office in Kuala Lumpur. Currently Double Eleven is working fully remotely and we continue to assess the COVID-19 situation, with the safety of our staff our top priority.
We’re still actively recruiting and onboarding new staff and will provide you with everything you need to join remotely.
Strictly no agencies (sorry guys!)
WOULD YOU ENJOY
- Working in our own and other multi-platform game engines, with a diverse range of titles and codebases
- Experience delivering projects using C++ and related technologies
- Helping create beautiful games
We are fundamentally different in the way we work and what you may be used to. Our company was created on the premise that people could have normal lives and do what they love doing. On the rare occasions we work overtime it’s always paid and from time to time we also offer voluntary out of hours paid projects.
Think of us as a crew instead of a studio, heading in the same direction and dependent on one another to succeed.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Design, develop, write, test and implement systems and game code
- Test and refine game-play features and systems throughout development
- Estimate tasks and deliver high quality code to that schedule
- Perform code reviews with the development team to ensure code quality
- Help develop technical design specifications
- Work with designers, artists and publishing as required to create the highest possible quality titles
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- At least 2+ years experience as a Lead/Senior Programmer in the games industry. Expectations are high given our reputation in the industry
- Excellent knowledge of C/C++, Visual Studio
- Self-motivated with a can-do attitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including with team members outside of the code team
- Ability to manage time and workload effectively
- Ability to manage a small team of programmers
- Able to break down and structure tasks to meet deadlines efficiently
- Fluent in English, both verbal and written
SKILLS OR INTERESTS CONSIDERED A BONUS
- Knowledge of C# & Unity is considered a major benefit
- Strong maths skills
- Experience in profiling and optimisation techniques
- Experience with multi-threaded programming
- Knowledge and experience of other game engines such as UE4
- Experience with post-launch ongoing product development and delivery
- Continuous integration and build automation experience
- Experience with art packages and pipeline development
- Experience with low level optimisation, shader programming, physics or mathematics
- Experience in an Agile development environment
- A love of games
- A portfolio of extra-curricular or hobbyist projects
- All relevant qualifications considered
WORKING AT DOUBLE ELEVEN
We’re pretty sure we’re the best place to work, period.
Some of our benefits include:
- Flexible working hours (start anytime between 8:00am and 10:00am)
- Flexible lunch hours
- Personal development plan and potential annual performance bonuses
- Company medical insurance scheme
- End of year bonuses
- State of the art office facilities
- Regular team lunches and title launch parties
- Additional leave for moving house and birthdays
WHAT WE DO
Double Eleven is a full-service publisher and developer, with our head office located in Middlesbrough and a second office in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Since becoming an independent publisher, Double Eleven has focused on bringing great games to new platforms and audiences including titles from the PixelJunk series, Prison Architect, and Goat Simulator. Double Eleven has also developed a strong reputation for technical skill, working on external titles such as the Lego Harry Potter series (PS4/XB1/Switch), Limbo (Vita) Crackdown 3 (Windows 10) and most recently brought Minecraft Dungeons (Switch, PS4 & Xbox One) to players around the world in partnership with Mojang and Microsoft.
In 2017 and 2018, we were voted one of the best places to work in the UK Games Industry by gamesindustry.biz. From development and business development, marketing to distribution, there’s a huge amount of talent and experience here from all levels of the games industry. Through hard work, ambition and humanity, we are able to use that experience to create and bring to market great games that people love.