Senior Software Developer (remote, PHP) at Supermetrics Oy () (allows remote)
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-06-18 05:00:05
In this position, you may work from our offices in Helsinki or in Vilnius, or remotely from selected countries (Poland, Portugal, Denmark, UK, Ireland, Canada).
We’d love to have you in our team and contribute by:
Building new API integrations together with one or more of your fellow team members. This is a super important and integral part of our products, as the integrations are saving hours of our customers’ time. Here are some specs on our integration development:
- We review all pull requests before deploying to make sure we have consistent quality to our code. In addition, we recognize code reviews are also great opportunities for learning. There are many tips and advice you gain from your peers by submitting your code for review
- We always have 2 or more people owning a new integration development, so you have someone to share the project with and fall back on
- To be successful in this, you need to have strong object-oriented, strictly-typed PHP development skills and solid SQL experience. You've gained these skills over several years (minimum 7) of work in challenging PHP developing projects and positions.
A bit about our engineering team
- We have a diverse group of people from different nationalities and varying backgrounds. What connects us all though is a shared passion for data, solving problems, and the willingness to give and receive feedback in order to help grow ourselves and each other
- Our daily life includes:
- Working either from one of our offices or home/other remote location during daytime. We hope to see you more than not, so we don’t do fully remote roles and have core hours from 10 am to 4 pm when everyone is mostly available. This helps with coordinating meetings but also knowing help is at hand whenever you might need it
- We use scrumban (a mixture of scrum & kanban) to work efficiently
- 1- on-1s with your lead every other week. This is to make sure you have a chance for confidential conversations about your growth, wellbeing, goals progression, and so on, on a regular basis
- Monthly Engineering “town hall” meetings, where we get to present our projects, share learnings and discuss all things development
Perks, benefits, and other cool stuff
We understand our people are our greatest asset and so we do our best to take care of our team members. That's why we:
- take great care in hiring only people we believe will bring positivity into the team. You don't have to fart rainbows but we don't hire people who aren't kind and humble either
- try to make coming to work a happy daily occasion. This means both making sure we have an awesome community but also making our physical surroundings cozy
- make sure you have the equipment you need to work comfortably and allow the usage of our work devices for casual use as well
- organize team events from annual company-wide ones to office-specific activities. We also encourage our team members to come up with their own ideas for fun activities from smaller scale (like playing games or cooking together) to bigger company-sponsored ones
- host company-wide all hands on deck meetings weekly and monthly basis to stay connected with our fellow team members across our offices
Want to learn more? You can check this link to get to know us even better.