PHP Senior Software Engineer - Payments Team (m/f/d) at Westwing Home & Living (Munich, Germany)
Location: Munich, Germany
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-06-18 05:00:06
The Westwing mission is to inspire and make every home a beautiful home. We are on a quest to bring the wonders of eCommerce for home & living to our more than 1.5 million active customers in 11 countries. In only 10 years on the market, we have grown to more than 433 million Euros in annual revenue. More importantly, the opportunity ahead of us is massive.
The Westwing team is the secret to our success. Our more than 1,700 team members balance creativity and style with innovative technology and strong business fundamentals. We are proud to be working with inspiring colleagues who are smart, fun, ambitious, and looking for the challenge to transform an industry and take it into the future.
To pursue our ambitious expansion strategy, we are looking for a PHP Software Engineer (m/f/d) to join our Payments team in the Checkout, Accounting, and Payments department.
About the team:
The team is responsible for building payment services and integrating with payment providers (like PayPal, Adyen, etc) as well as building in-house payment-processing applications.
Westwing tech today is more than 150 talented engineers and project managers designing, developing, and maintaining complex web applications and services for our eCommerce platform. Besides PHP, we run services using NodeJS, GO, Scala. Our microservices are running in the Kubernetes cluster providing 100% uptime and smooth deployments. We create applications implementing an Event-Sourcing pattern when the history of the entity state is crucial to follow. We face a lot of challenges on daily basis, opening thousands of opportunities to unleash your engineering and creative potential.
Adhering to agile SW-development methodologies you will also ensure code quality and enforce best practices by communicating and sharing them with team members.
- PHP7+, Symfony, Zend Framework, Yii framework
- PHPUnit, PHPCS, PHP Stan
- API (REST, SOAP)
- AWS, K8s, Docker, MySQL, RabbitMQ, Memcached, Redis
- Git (GitLab)
You come with:
- Knowledge of most of the keywords described above
- Ability to convert your ideal solution for a given problem into the PHP code covered with sufficient tests coverage and put it inside the docker image
- Several years of experience in development with PHP OOP (Zend Framework/Yii/ Symfony experience is a plus)
- Experience with MySQL
- A proactive, goal-oriented, reliable, and self-structured way of working
- Fluency in English
- Everyday use of modern development tools/frameworks
- High degrees of responsibility and autonomy
- Great opportunities for personal and professional growth
- An attractive working environment in a dynamically growing eCommerce sector involving steep training curves and flat command structure
Interested? We are looking forward to your full application with specification of your possible starting date and salary expectation