Software Engineer - Erie at Addison Group (Erie, PA)
Location: Erie, PA
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-06-18 05:00:08
Location: Erie, PA (At least halftime onsite)
Duration: 6 Month C2H
Join our team as a Senior Software Engineer to help lead the design and development of our digital learning platform to enhance and support math print programs and to improve and automate production workflows throughout the company. As we grow, we are looking for people with strong technical skills and a passion to help others, both in schools and in our team.
Your Work Will Include
- Analyze project requirements and guide the design of software.
- Provide clear and concise instructions to project teams through both documentation and functional designs.
Ensuring Product Success:
- Take the lead on major elements of software development for given platforms and tools.
- Efficiently identify and resolve issues that arise during the design, testing and maintenance processes using problem-solving skills.
- Adhere to and influence software development best practices and department goals and inspire others to do the same.
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with business stakeholders to design and achieve elegant solutions.
- Communicate with co-workers, management, customers, vendors, and others in a courteous and professional manner.
A Qualified Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required, with a focus in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or Software Engineering.
- 5+ years of development experience required with 3+ years in Java development.
- Experience developing with the LAMP stack (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP), database-driven content, and content management systems
- Experience with SQL and relational database design
- Strong problem-solving skills and availability at any time required to attend to “living” digital products.
- Willing and able to travel when necessary.